Southern Cheese Spritz Crackers
Southern cheese spritz crackers are melt-in-your-mouth amazing. Each bite of these tasty morsels is brimming with buttery cheesy goodness.
Servings: 48 crackers
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 4-ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (5-ounces) all purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place butter, cheese, baking powder, salt and cayenne pepper in bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade. Pulse 8 to 10 times, or until ingredients are fully incorporated. (See Tip 1)
Add flour; pulse 8 to 10 times until flour is fully incorporated (mixture will be crumbly at this point). Process 10 seconds or until a dough forms.
Fill cylinder of cookie press fitted with decorative disk with dough. (See Tips 2, 3 and 4)
Spritz dougn onto unlined and ungreased baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 16 to 17 minutes, or until edges of crackers are lightly browned.
Remove from oven; transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Store in air-tight container.
Yield: 48 crackers.
- If you don't have a food processor, you can mix the dough with an electric mixer.
- My cookie press is the Oxo Good Grips Cookie Press.
- I used a small ice cream scoop to fill the cylinder of the cookie press with the dough.
- If you don't have a cookie press, you can use a pastry bag fitted with a 1-M star tip to form the crackers.
Calories: 36kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 5mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg