Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Black bean and corn salsa features a medley of fresh and colorful veggies. Your guests will keep coming back for more.
Servings: 8 Servings
- 15.25 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 11 ounce can Steam Crisp Mexicorn, drained (See Tip 1)
- 2 tomatoes, cored, seeded and cut into small pleces (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion (See Tip 2)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeño pepper, membrane and seeds removed (1 large or 2 medium to small jalapeños))
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley (See Tip 3)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 large lime)
Combine chopped tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt in a small bowl. Allow to sit for 20 minutes. Drain well in colander.
Combine black beans, corn, tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, parsley, garlic, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt, pepper and lime juice in a large bowl.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend together.
Yield: 3 1/2 cups
- If you can't find Mexicorn, just use regular canned corn. Don't, however use canned creamed corn.
- You can also use Vidalia onion or sweet onion in place of the red onion.
- Feel free to use Cilantro in place of the Italian parsley.
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 295mg | Potassium: 418mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 946IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 2mg