7-Layer Flag Dip
7-Layer Flag Dip is perfect for Memorial Day, Flag Day, 4th of July or any time you want to share your summer patriotic festivities with family and friends.
Servings: 12 servings
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream, divided (See Tip 1)
- 1 ounce package Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half, lengthwise
- 16 ounce can fat-free refried beans
- 16 ounce container guacamole
- 16 ounce jar salsa, drained
- 1 ¼ cups (5 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese (See Tip 2)
- ½ cup crushed blue tortilla chips
Combine 1 ¾ cups of sour cream with taco seasoning mix. Reserve remaining ¼ cup of sour cream for later use.
Slice grape tomatoes in half, lengthwise.
Spread refried beans on bottom of 9 x 13-inch dish. Top with guacamole, drained salsa and sour cream mixed with taco seasoning mix.
Mark an area at the top left of the sour cream layer approximately 5 ¼-inches by 4 ½-inches. This area is for the star layer.
Place a single layer of sliced grape tomatoes, lengthwise at the long-end of the bottom of dish. Place a second layer approximately 1 ½-inches from the first layer. Place the third and fourth layer of sliced tomatoes up to the area marked off for the star layer, each 1 ½-inches apart.
Place shredded Monterey Jack cheese between the tomato layers for the white stripes.
In the top left area that was marked off, sprinkle on crushed blue tortilla chips. Place remaining ¼ cup of sour cream in piping bag fitted with 1M star tip. Pipe white stars on the crushed blue tortilla chips. (See Tips 3 and 4)
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with tri-colored tortilla chips. (See Tip 5)
Yield: 12 servings.
- I used low-fat sour cream.
- You could also use Mozzarella cheese, white Cheddar cheese of other white cheese of your choice.
- If the sour cream seems a bit runny, thicken it with about 1 ½ teaspoons of corn starch. You want the stars to hold their shape.
- You could also use a smaller star tip.
- If you're unable to find tri-colored tortilla chips, use regular tortilla chips.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 810mg | Potassium: 426mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 931IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 1mg