Melt-Away Butter Cookies
Melt-Away Butter Cookies are simple and classic buttery cookies that melt in your mouth. These easy cookies are made using a cookie press to create perfect bite-sized morsels.
Servings: 7 dozen cookies
- 1 ¼ cups (2 ½ sticks, 10 ounces) unsalted butter, softened (See Tip 2)
- ¾ cup (3 ounces) confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 ½ cups (12.5 ounces) all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 325°F.
In a large bowl, cream butter with electric mixer on high speed. Add confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Beat on high until light and fluffy. Add flour. Beat on low just until combined.
Fill cylinder of cookie press with dough. Press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet. (See Tip 2)
Bake in preheated 325°F oven for 15 to 17 minutes or until cookies are golden brown around the edges. Cool on wire rack.
Store in airtight container.
Yield: 7 dozen cookies.
- If you don't have a cookie press, you can pipe the cookies from a piping bag fitted with a star tip, or roll the dough into small balls and flatten them with your hand.
- If you use salted butter, omit the addition of salt. Also, with salted butter, your cookies will be slightly saltier.
- It's important that you use an ungreased baking sheet. The cookie press will not work properly with a greased baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. There is ample butter in the cookies to prevent them from sticking.
Calories: 18kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 4mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg