Magic Shell is truly magic. It contains only two ingredients and magically hardens when poured over ice cream.
- 1 cup (6-ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup (2-ounces) refined coconut oil (See Tip 1)
Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave safe container. (See Tip 2)
Microwave on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 second increment until chocolate chips are totally melted. (See Tip 3)
Yield: 1 ¼ cups (See Tip 3)
- Coconut oil can be purchased as unrefined or refined. Unrefined coconut oil has a strong coconut flavor whereas refined coconut oil has a neutral taste. You can definitely use unrefined coconut oil. However, the coconut taste will dominate the flavor.
- I like to use a 2-cup measuring cup when making magic shell. The measuring cup is not only microwave safe but also has good dimensions for dipping ice cream cones.
- Go the extra step of slowly melting the chocolate chips and coconut oil. This is key to ensuring the the chocolate doesn't burn and arriving at the proper consistency.
- Leftover magic shell can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. I like to use a mason jar for this.
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 8IU | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg