Hasselback Chicken with Spinach Boursin Cheese Stuffing
Hasselback Chicken with Spinach Boursin Cheese Stuffing is a restaurant quality dish that is quick and easy to make and can be made ahead of time. Leftovers if any are just as yummy the next day.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 cups (2-ounces) Baby Spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 ounces Boursin cheese (See Tip 1)
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless (about 6 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup (1-ounce) shredded Gruyère cheese (See Tip 2)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Minced parsley for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil. Set aside.
Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add spinach; cook just until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add Boursin cheese; cook, stirring until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Allow to cool.
Cut vertical slits in chicken, spacing about ¾-inch apart. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of spinach mixture in each of the slits. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place stuffed chicken on prepared baking sheet. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and sprinkle Gruyère cheese on each of the pieces of chicken. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Sprinkle paprika on chicken. If desired garnish with minced parsley and serve.
Yield: 2 servings.
- May substitute cream cheese for the Boursin cheese.
- May substitute Swiss cheese, Mozzarella cheese, white Cheddar cheese or Fontina cheese for the Gruyère cheese.
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 366mg | Potassium: 612mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3407IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 1mg