Easy Potato Waffles
Easy Potato Waffles are the perfect way to use leftover mashed potatoes. I like to add cheese and bacon for an amazing dish. This recipe uses one cup of leftover mashed potatoes. Feel free to double it.
Servings: 5 potato waffles
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes (See Tip 1)
- ¼ cup (1.25-ounces) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese (See Tips 2 and 3)
- ¼ cup cooked and crumbled bacon (3 to 4 slices)
Whisk together the milk, melted butter, egg, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl.
Add mashed potatoes, flour, cheese and bacon. Stir until all ingredients are well incorporated.
Preheat mini waffle maker. Spray bottom and top with vegetable spray. Add ⅓ cup of the potato mixture; spread to cover the bottom. Cover with top of mini waffle maker and cook for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from waffle maker. (See Tips 4 and 5)
Repeat with remaining potato waffle batter.
Yield: 5 Potato Waffles (See Tips 6 and 7)
- Leftover mashed potatoes should be well seasoned. Also they can have a varied consistency. If too dry, add more milk or if too wet, add more flour to achieve the proper consistency.
- Finely shredded cheese works best in this recipe.
- Feel free to experiment with different cheeses.
- If some of the potato waffles have ragged edges, just trim them with kitchen shears.
- Place potato waffles in 200°F oven to keep warm while the remaining potato waffles are being made.
- For this recipe, I only had one cup of leftover mashed potatoes. This recipe, however, can be easily doubled to include 2 cups of leftover mashed potatoes.
- Refrigerate leftover potato waffles in an airtight container for several days or freeze for up to a month. Reheat at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 243mg | Potassium: 219mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 1mg