No-Churn Rocky Road Ice Cream
No-Churn Rocky Road Ice Cream is velvety smooth and amazingly delicious. It takes minutes to make and doesn't require an ice cream maker. The chocolate ice cream itself uses only three ingredients with several additional ingredients added for the ever popular Rocky Road Ice Cream.
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup (1.5-ounces) unsweetened cocoa (See Tip 1)
- 2 cups (16-ounces) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (1.6-ounces) mini marshmallows
- 1 cup (4-ounces) almond pieces, toasted (See Tip 2)
- ½ cup (3-ounces) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (See Tip 3)
Place 9 x 5 x 3-inch metal loaf pan in freezer to chill.
Mix together the sweetened condensed milk and unsweetened cocoa. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream on high until stiff peaks form.
Fold in about a cup of whipped cream to sweetened condensed mixture with a rubber spatula until well combined. Then fold the lightened mixture into the whipped cream until well blended.
Fold in mini marshmallows, toasted almonds and mini chocolate chips to the chocolate ice cream.
Transfer ice cream to chilled loaf pan. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- I used Hershey's Special Dark cocoa which is Dutch processed. However, you can also use regular unsweetened cocoa.
- To toast the almond pieces, place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes. Watch carefully to ensure that the almonds don't burn.
- I would not use regular sized chocolate chips. The mini chocolate chips can be omitted.
Calories: 557kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 505mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 1015IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 233mg | Iron: 2mg