Pecan Praline Morsels
Pecan Praline Morsels are the ultimate in ease and taste. With only three ingredients, Pecan Praline Morsels combine the South's favorite nut with brown sugar and cream to produce an amazingly good candied nut!
- 2 cups (8 ounces) pecan halves
- ½ cup (3.75 ounces) light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil. (See Tip 1)
Mix brown sugar and heavy cream in a medium bowl. Add pecans; stir with a wooden spoon until pecans are well coated. Spread pecans evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the coating is dry and slightly crystalized, stirring once after 10 minutes. If, after 20 minutes, the coating is not yet dry, reduce the heat to 300°F and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Remove from oven to cool, and stir once more. If not serving immediately, store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups. (See Tip 2)
- If you do not have non-stick aluminum foil, spray a baking sheet with cooking spray before adding coated pecans.
- It's important to keep these tasty morsels in an airtight container. The reason is that sugar is hygroscopic, meaning that it will tend to absorb moisture from the air. This can ruin your perfectly crunchy pecan praline morsels!
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 0.7mg