One of the best things about having a ham is the leftovers. In honor of the leftovers, I decided to make ham salad, using Paula Deen’s recipe as a starting point. It’s both easy to make and delicious!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups leftover ham, cut into cubes
- 1 cup finely diced celery, 2 to 3 stalks
- 1/4 cup finely minced sweet onion
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Add ham to food processor fitted with steel blade. Process for 6 to 7 seconds until finely chopped. Transfer to mixing bowl.
Add remaining ingredients. Stir until well blended. Serve on crackers, toast, bread, etc.
Yield: 4 servings.
Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 1227mg | Potassium: 311mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1.2mg