One of the best things about having a ham is the leftovers. In honor of the leftovers, I decided to make ham salad, using Paula Deen’s recipe as a starting point. It’s both easy to make and delicious as a spread on crackers, bread, toast, etc.!
I used the following ingredients for this delicious ham salad: Leftover ham, celery, onion, Dijon mustard, hard-boiled eggs, sweet pickle relish and mayonnaise.
Making the Ham Salad
I started by chopping the ham in a food processor. This took 6 or 7 seconds.
I served this delicious Ham Salad on crackers. However, I could have also spread it toast, bread, or whatever struck my fancy. Yum!
Other Delicious Salad Recipes
If you like this delicious Ham Salad recipe, you should try one of the following:
- Tasty Egg Salad Sliders – What to do with leftover hard boiled eggs? Why not make some tasty egg salad sliders? They have two main ingredients – egg salad, and slider buns.
- Sous Vide Chicken Salad Véronique – Sous Vide Chicken Salad Véronique is probably the best chicken salad that you’ll ever have. What makes it so good is the perfectly cooked chicken and the addition of grapes and fresh tarragon to an otherwise so-so chicken salad. Once you taste it, you’ll never look back.
- Cucumber Dill Salad – Cucumber Dill Salad or Gurkensalat is an incredible salad that is easy to make. It’s not only tasty, but also very refreshing, making it perfect for any get-together.
- Quick and Easy Tuna Salad – Tuna salad is comfort food at its best. At its most basic level, it’s a combination of canned tuna and mayonnaise. There are a lot of variations on that basic mixture. My favorite variation adds celery and sweet pickle relish.
- Southern Style Potato Salad – We do a lot of things right in the South, especially when it comes to Potato Salad! This classic Southern Style Potato Salad with a Twist is perfect for Easter brunch or dinner, or anytime for that matter. It’s good served warm, but even better served cold after the flavors have had a chance to meld together!
- Leftover Turkey Salad – Want an easy and delicious way to use some of your leftover turkey? If so, you should try this Leftover Turkey Salad. It takes minutes to make, and is awesome on crackers. Is your’s a more sophisticated taste? Then fill pita bread with lettuce, tomato, and Leftover Turkey Salad for an excellent brunch or lunch!
- Classic Southern Macaroni Salad – Classic Southern Macaroni Salad is the perfect make-ahead side dish for your summer barbecues, picnics or potlucks. It’s filled with crunchy vegetables and a simple creamy sauce.
I hope you liked the recipe for Ham Salad as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, ever your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
- 2 cups leftover ham, cut into cubes
- 1 cup finely diced celery, 2 to 3 stalks
- 1/4 cup finely minced sweet onion
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add ham to food processor fitted with steel blade. Process for 6 to 7 seconds until finely chopped. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir until well blended. Serve on crackers, toast, bread, etc.
- Yield: 4 servings.
I first posted this delicious salad on March 21, 2017. This repost is the same great recipe with updated photographs and a video!