One of the best things about having a ham is the leftovers. In honor of the leftovers, I decided to make ham salad, using Paula Deen’s recipe as a starting point. It’s both easy to make and delicious!
I used the following ingredients: Ham, celery, onion, Dijon mustard, hard-boiled eggs, sweet pickle relish, and mayonnaise.
Making the Ham Salad:
I started by chopping the ham in a food processor. This took 6 or 7 seconds.
Then, I added all of the ingredients to a bowl, and mixed them until they were well blended.
I served this on crackers. However, I could have also served it toast, bread, or whatever struck my fancy. Yum!
- 2 cups leftover ham cut into cubes
- 1 cup finely diced celery 2 to 3 stalks
- 1/4 cup finely minced sweet onion
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 hard-boiled eggs diced
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Add ham to food processor fitted with steel blade. Process for 6 to 7 seconds until finely chopped. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir until well blended. Serve on crackers, toast, bread, etc.
- Yield: 4 servings.