10-Grain Whole Wheat Bread (Bread Machine)
10-Grain Whole Wheat Bread has amazing texture and taste. It's moist and full of goodness in every bite. 10-Grain Whole Wheat Bread is deliciously healthy, makes perfect toast and is a snap to make in a bread machine.
Servings: 14 servings
- 1 large eggs, plus enough filtered water to total 13.5 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups plus 1 Tablespoon water)(See Tip 1)
- 2 Tablespoons plus 3/4 teaspoons (1.125 ounces) olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons plus 3/4 teaspoons (1.6875 ounces) honey
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (0.5625 ounces) Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (4.5 ounces) 10-grain cereal (See Tip 2)
- 1 1/2 cups (7.5 ounces) whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 cups (8.75 ounces) bread flour
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon (0.45 ounces) vital wheat gluten
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons (0.5625 ounces) bread machine or instant yeast
- It's important to use filtered water. Tap water contains chlorine which can retard or kill the yeast. By measure the water would be around 1 1/2 cups plus 1 Tablespoon.
- I used Bob's Red Mill Whole Grain 10 Grain Hot Cereal. You need to make sure that it's hot cereal.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 398mg | Potassium: 150mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 37IU | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 2mg