Breakfast Tortilla Hack
Breakfast Tortilla Hack is a new way to wrap a flour tortilla around yummy breakfast ingredients. This new way of making a quesadilla is from a viral TikTok hack. After trying your hand at the tortilla hack, you may never go back to the traditional way of making a quesadilla.
Servings: 2 servings
- 10 inch flour tortilla
- 2 Tablespoons Pico de Gallo, drained (See Tip 1)
- 1 large egg, scrambled
- 2 strips bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 9 Golden Crispy Crowns, cooked according to package directions (See Tip 2)
- 1/4 cup (1-ounce) shredded Cheddar Cheese (See Tip 3)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
Make a single cut in the tortilla from the enter to one edge.
Add Pico de Gallo in quadrant to the right of the cut. Then, add scrambled eggs topped with crumbled bacon above the Pico de Gallo. Next add the Crispy Crowns next to the scrambled eggs and finished by adding the shredded cheese. (See Tip 4)
Brush both sides of folded tortilla with olive oil. Brown on both sides in a skillet set over medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Cut in half and serve.
Yield: 1 Breakfast Tortilla Hack (See Tip 5)
- I used my homemade Pico de Gallo. However, you could use jarred Pico de Gallo or salsa. Just make sure that you drain it well.
- You could also use 1/4 cup of prepared hash browns in place of the Golden Crispy Crowns.
- Feel free to use whatever cheese you prefer.
- There are different ways to fold the tortilla. However, I like to make sure that the ingredients that need the most heat end up on the outside of the tortilla fold.
- This can be wrapped in aluminum foil and warmed at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes.
Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 755mg | Potassium: 254mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 333IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 2mg