Laizzez les Bon Temps Rouler with this amazing Mardi Gras Swirled Lemon Bark! It’s fun to make and delicious to munch on.
Ingredients for Mardi Gras Swirled Lemon Bark
I used the following simple ingredients for this awesome Mardi Gras Bark: Bright white melting wafers, lemon oil, purple melting wafers, yellow melting wafers, green melting wafers, purple, yellow and green M&M’s, and purple, yellow and green sprinkles.
Making the Mardi Gras Swirled Lemon Bark
The Mardi Gras Swirled Lemon Bark is super easy to make. I started by melting the white melting wafers in the microwave according package directions. Once the white wafers were melted, I added the lemon oil.
The reason that I used lemon oil as opposed to lemon extract was that the lemon extract contained water. I read somewhere that the water content would cause the melted candy to seize up. I’m not sure that is the case because peppermint extract contains water and doesn’t cause the melted candy to seize up.
I thought that the melted white wafers were a bit thick, so I added a teaspoon of vegetable oil to thin it out. Then, I melted the purple, yellow and green melting wafers in the microwave according to the package directions. They too needed some thinning out, so I stirred in a little bit of vegetable oil.
Once everything was melted, I poured the white mixture onto a parchment lined surface and spread it into a thin layer. Then, I added dollops of the purple, yellow, and green melted candy melts. I swirled the purple, yellow, and green into the white using a wooden skewer. I’ve included a short video below showing how I made this unique Mardi Gras treat!
Finally, I sprinkled on some Mardi Gras colored M&M’s and sprinkles. I let the Lemon Bark cool completely before breaking it into individual pieces.
I ended up with about 1 ¼ pounds of amazingly beautiful Mardi Gras Swirled Lemon Bark. Every piece is unique and absolutely delicious. Yum!
Mardi Gras Swirled Lemon Bark
- 2 cups (12 ounces) bright white melting wafers
- 1 teaspoon lemon oil
- ½ cup (3 ounces) purple candy melts (See Note 1)
- ½ cup (3 ounces) yellow candy melts (See Note 1)
- ½ cup (3 ounces) green candy melts (See Note 1)
- Mardi Gras Sprinkles of your choice
- Melt white melting wafers in microwave safe bowl in microwave according to package directions. Add lemon oil; stir to combine. (See Note 2)
- Melt purple candy melts in microwave safe bowl in microwave according to package directions. Melt yellow candy melts in microwave safe bowl in microwave according to package directions. Melt green candy melts in microwave safe bowl in microwave according to package directions. (See Note 3)
- Pour melted white melting wafers onto parchment lined surface; spread to a thin layer.
- Place dollops of melted purple candy melts, yellow candy melts, and melted green candy melts on white layer. Swirl with wooden skewer, chopstick, or something comparable.
- Sprinkle on Mardi Gras sprinkles. Allow to harden. Cut or break into serving pieces.
- Store in airtight container.
- Yield: About 1 ¼ pounds.
Chula's Expert Tips
- I used Wilton Candy Melts.
- If mixture is too thick, add ½ to 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to thin it out.