These Oatmeal Craisin Cookies are a delicious twist on an old favorite. They’re chocked full of Craisins and toasted pecans, not to mention the healthy oats.
I used the following ingredients for the Oatmeal Craisin Cookies: Unsalted butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cider vinegar, egg, baking soda, all-purpose flour, old-fashioned oats, Craisins, and pecans. I know that it seems like a lot of ingredients, but they come together very quickly.
To make the Oatmeal Craisin Cookies, the first thing I do is preheat the oven to 350° F. Then I beat together the butter, sugars, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and vinegar. I know that vinegar may seem like an odd ingredient, however it helps cut down on the sweetness and helps give the baking soda a boost. Then I beat in the egg until the mixture was smooth. I then added the baking soda and flour, and beat the mixture until everything was well incorporated.
Next I added the oats, Craisins, and pecans (that I had toasted). Then I stirred the mixture until everything was well combined.
Using my 1¾-inch ice cream scoop, I dropped the dough balls into a parchment lined baking sheet. I took each dough ball, rolled it between my hands, and flattened it to about ½-inch.
I popped the cookies Into a preheated 350° F oven 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, they were golden brown around the edges and perfectly cooked. I transferred the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
I ended up with 28 incredible cookies. There may have been more if I hadn’t sampled the cookie dough. Yum!
If you’re looking for more Oatmeal cookie recipes, check out my Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies or Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters.
I hope you liked this recipe for Oatmeal Craisin Cookies as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, ever your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Oatmeal Craisin Cookies
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (1.75 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (3.75 ounces) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (5 ounces) old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup (3.75 ounces) Craisins
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) toasted pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter, sugars, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and vinegar until smooth.
- Add the egg; beat until smooth.
- Add the baking soda and flour; beat until well incorporated.
- Add the oats, Craisins, and pecans; stir to combine.
- Using a 1 3/4-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten to about 1/2-inch with damp hands. Space cookies 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Yield: 28 to 30 cookies.