Move over Taco Bell, there’s a new and better Breakfast Crunchwrap® wannabe in town! Tasty Breakfast Quesadilla Wraps are Oh So much better. Imagine melty cheese, crunchy hash browns, and scrambled eggs, topped with crispy bacon and Pico de Gallo wrapped in a flour tortilla and cooked to perfection! One bite and you’ll agree that there’s no comparison. What’s even better is that the Tasty Breakfast Quesadilla Wraps are super simple to make, and super simple to eat!
I used the following ingredients for this amazing breakfast treat: Large flour tortillas, eggs, unsalted butter, salt, freshly ground black pepper, shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese, hash brown patties, crumbled bacon, Pico de Gallo, and vegetable oil.
The Filling for the Tasty Breakfast Quesadilla Wraps:
First, I made the scrambled eggs. There are a lot of different ways to make scrambled eggs, but I prefer simplicity. Therefore, I melted some butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Then, I added beaten eggs. Once the eggs had started to set, I “scrambled” them with a spatula until the eggs were done, but still creamy. I finished them with a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. This took several minutes.
Now it was time to assemble the Tasty Breakfast Quesadilla Wraps. I started with a large flour tortilla. Then, I added some shredded cheese to the center of the tortilla. Next, I placed the hash brown patty on top of the cheese, followed by some scrambled eggs. I topped the scrambled eggs with some crumbled bacon and homemade Pico de Gallo.
Finishing the Tasty Breakfast Quesadilla Wraps:
At this point, I wrapped the flour tortilla around the filling as follows. Starting with the edge facing me, I folded it up over the filling to the center. Then, I folded the left side to the center at about a 45° angle. Moving clock-wise, I folded the next side towards the center. I folded the fourth side towards the center, and finally folded the remaining side towards the center. I’ve included a video below that shows all of this!
Before cooking the Tasty Breakfast Quesadilla Wrap, I heated a small bit of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Then, I added the wrapped quesadilla, seam-side down. I cooked it for about 4 minutes until the first side was golden brown. Then, I flipped it over and cooked the other side for about 4 additional minutes.
Since it’s just the two of us, I only made two Tasty Breakfast Quesadilla Wraps.
Talk about good! The Tasty Breakfast Quesadilla Wraps were amazing. The melty cheese and crunchy hash browns were perfectly complimented by the scrambled eggs, crumbled bacon and Pico de Gallo. Yum!
Tasty Breakfast Quesadilla Wraps
- 2 large (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 hash brown patties, cooked according to package directions (See Note 1)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese (See Note 2)
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled (See Note 3)
- 2 Tablespoons Pico de Gallo (See Note 4)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Whisk eggs until frothy. Heat butter in small skillet over medium heat. Add eggs. When eggs begin to set, scramble with spatula. Add pinch of salt and pinch of pepper. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Place flour tortilla on a flat surface. Add 1/2 of the cheese in the center. Top with hash brown patty and 1/2 of the scrambled eggs.
- Top the eggs with 1/2 of the crumbled bacon and 1 tablespoon of Pico de Gallo.
- Starting with the edge facing you, fold tortilla up over the filling to the center. Fold the left side to the center at about a 45° angle. Moving clock-wise, fold the next side towards the center. Fold the fourth side towards the center, and finally fold the remaining side towards the center. Place seam-side down.
- Repeat with remaining flour tortilla.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place one of the quesadilla wraps in skillet seam-side down. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn over and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining quesadilla wrap.
- Serve warm. (See Note 5)
- Yield: 2 to 4 servings.
Chula's Expert Tips
- If you can't find hash brown patties, you can use 10 to 12 Ore-Ida Golden Crispy Crowns per quesadilla wrap, cooked according to package directions.
- For variety, try pepper jack or Colby jack cheese in place of the Cheddar cheese.
- Rather than bacon, you can use breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled. Try 2 tablespoons per quesadilla.
- My favorite is homemade Pico de Gallo. However, if you don't have Pico de Gallo, you can also use salsa.
- Leftovers, if any, can be reheated for 10 minutes at 350° F.