Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs is a snap to make and absolutely delicious. This was a first at grilling chicken thighs, so I decided to try a different marinade and basting sauce than I typically use. I thought I’d try honey mustard. Boy was it good!
Making the Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs:
I used the following ingredients: Honey, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce for the marinade, and skinless bone-in chicken thighs that had been sprinkled with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
I whisked together the honey, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl for the marinade.
I covered the dish with aluminum foil and refrigerated the chicken for about 4 hours. Now, it was the Master Taste Tester’s turn. He prepared the charcoal fire, and grilled the chicken for a total of about 15 minutes. During that time, he turned the chicken thighs several times, basting them with the reserved marinade.
When the internal temperature of the chicken thighs reached 180° F, it was time to eat! I served the chicken thighs with Betsy’s Potatoes, mushy peas (it’s a UK thing!), and a baguette that I had made earlier in the day. Yum!
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- 6 skinless and bone-in chicken thighs trimmed of fat
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of one lemon
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken thighs with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Whisk together Dijon mustard, honey, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice. Pour half of marinade into another bowl. Coat both sides of chicken thighs with remaining marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Prepare charcoal fire. Grill chicken thighs, for one to two minutes; turn and grill for another one to two minutes. Turn and baste several more times until the internal temperature of the chicken thighs reaches 180° F, a total of about 15 minutes.* Yield: 4 to 6 servings.