Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs is a snap to make and absolutely delicious. This was a first grilling chicken thighs, so I decided to try a different marinade and basting sauce than I typically use. I thought I’d try honey mustard, and boy was it good!
I used the following ingredients for the Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs: Honey, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce for the marinade. And skinless bone-in chicken thighs that had been sprinkled with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Making the Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
I whisked together the honey, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl for the marinade.
Then I poured half of the marinade into another bowl to use for basting the chicken as it was grilling. I coated both sides of the chicken thighs with the rest of the marinade.
I covered the dish with aluminum foil and refrigerated the chicken for about 4 hours. Now it was the Master Taste Tester’s turn. He prepared the charcoal fire and grilled the chicken for a total of about 15 minutes. During that time he turned the chicken thighs several times, basting them with the reserved marinade.
When the internal temperature of the chicken thighs reached 180° F, it was time to eat! I served the chicken thighs with Betsy’s Potatoes, mushy peas (it’s a UK thing!), and a baguette that I had made earlier in the day. Yum!
If you’re looking for some more grilling recipes, check out my Grilled Baby Back Ribs with Bourbon Infused Grilling Sauce or Grilled Herb Shrimp.
I hope you liked this recipe for Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- 6 skinless and bone-in chicken thighs trimmed of fat
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of one lemon
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken thighs with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Whisk together Dijon mustard, honey, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice. Pour half of marinade into another bowl. Coat both sides of chicken thighs with remaining marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Prepare charcoal fire. Grill chicken thighs, for one to two minutes; turn and grill for another one to two minutes. Turn and baste several more times until the internal temperature of the chicken thighs reaches 180° F, a total of about 15 minutes.* Yield: 4 to 6 servings.