I was first introduced to Betsy’s potatoes at a dinner party at her house some time back. I remember thinking how incredibly good they were and have been making them ever since.
The ingredients that I used for Betsy’s Potatoes are very basic: sliced potatoes, butter, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Generally, I use Yukon gold potatoes, but Russet potatoes can be used as well.
Making Betsy’s Potatoes
To make Betsy’s Potatoes, first I peeled and sliced the potatoes. It wasn’t exact, but the slices were between ⅛ and ¼-inch thick. Then, I melted the butter in a microwave safe measuring cup, and poured the melted butter over the potatoes. Next, I added some Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, and stirred the potatoes with a wooden spoon to evenly coat.
At this point, I spread the potatoes in an even layer on a large baking sheet that had been lined with non-stick aluminum foil. I then drizzled any butter remaining in bowl evenly over the potatoes.
I popped the potatoes into a 375° F oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, I removed the them from the oven, flipped each potato slice over, and returned them to the oven for another 30 minutes.
After the second 30 minutes, the potatoes were golden brown and ready to be devoured. They were amazing. Yum!
If you’re looking for something to serve these with, they pair quite nicely with my Slow Roasted Pulled Pork.
I hope you liked this recipe for Betsy’s Potatoes as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, ever your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
- 1 pound (16-ounces) potatoes peeled and sliced between ⅛ and ¼-inch thick
- ½ cup (4-ounces, 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt more or less to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper more or less to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a large baking sheet with sides with non-stick aluminum foil; set aside.
- Place sliced potatoes in a large bowl. Pour melted butter over potatoes. Add salt and pepper. Stir with wooden spoon to thoroughly coat potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle any butter remaining in bowl evenly over potatoes.
- Bake at 375° F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; turn potatoes and cook for an additional 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.