Easy Stove Top Roasted Potatoes are amazing. In fact, who doesn’t love Roasted Potatoes that are crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside? Well, now you can make them. They’re super easy and made on the stove-top for a winning combination!
Dinner tonight was super simple – leftover Easy Peasy British Sausage Rolls, steamed vegetables, and these incredible Stove Top Roasted Potatoes.
I used the following ingredients: Small unpeeled red potatoes, olive oil, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
Making the Easy Stove Top Roasted Potatoes:
Before I started cooking the potatoes, I scrubbed them, and cut them in half length-wise. Then, I rinsed the potatoes to remove excess starch from the cut side, and patted them dry. That was the extent of the preparation!
I heated the olive oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Then, I added the potatoes in a single layer, cut side down. I cooked the potatoes for about 7 minutes until they were golden brown.
Next, I turned the potatoes skin side down with my tongs. I continued cooking them without stirring for another 5 to 6 minutes until the skin was a golden brown.
Then, I turned the potatoes again, cut side down.
After that, I reduced the heat to medium-low, covered the pan first with a paper towel and then with the lid. I used the paper towel to collect the condensation so that the potatoes would remain crisp. I cooked the potatoes until they were tender. This took another 7 or 8 minutes.
When the potatoes were tender, I turned them one last time. I sprinkled salt and pepper on the potatoes, and gently stirred them to distribute the salt and pepper.
Finally, I transferred the potatoes to a bowl, and garnished them with cut green onion tops. They were absolutely delicious. Yum!
If you liked the recipe for Easy Stove Top Roasted Potatoes, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, ever your email address in the Subscribe box. Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Easy Stove Top Roasted Potatoes
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed and unpeeled (See Tips 1 and 2)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut green onion tops for garnish optional
- Cut each potato in half length-wise. Rinse potatoes in cold water; drain well. Spread potatoes on paper towels, and thoroughly pat dry.
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the potatoes cut side down in a single layer. Cook, without stirring until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn potatoes skin side down with tongs. Cook, without stirring until skin is golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Turn potatoes cut side down. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover pan with paper towels, and then the pan lid. Cook potatoes until they are tender, 7 to 8 minutes. (See Tip 3)
- Turn potatoes skin side down. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss or gently stir. If desired, garnish with cut green onion tops.
- Yield: 3 to 4 servings.
Chula's Expert Tips
- The potatoes that I used were about 2-inches in length.
- May also use small Yukon gold or creamer potatoes in place of the red new potatoes.
- During the final cooking of the roasted potatoes when the pan is covered with the lid, I like to first spread a paper towel on the pan. The reason is that a lot of condensation ends up on the lid during this stage of cooking. That condensation can fall back into the pan and inhibit the crispiness of the potatoes. The paper towel acts as a barrier between the condensation on the lid and the potatoes. As the condensation drips from the lid, it is absorbed by the paper towel!