Who doesn’t love roasted potatoes that are crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside? Well, now you can make them. They’re super easy and made on the stove-top for a winning combination!
Dinner tonight was super simple – leftover Easy Peasy British Sausage Rolls, steamed vegetables, and these incredible Stove Top Roasted Potatoes.
Ingredients for Easy Stove Top Roasted Potatoes:
I used the following ingredients: Small unpeeled red potatoes, olive oil, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
Making the Easy Stove Top Roasted Potatoes:
Before I started cooking the potatoes, I scrubbed them, and cut them in half. Then, I rinsed the potatoes to remove excess starch from the cut side, and patted them dry. That was the extent of the preparation!
I heated the olive oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Then, I added the potatoes in a single layer, cut side down. I cooked the potatoes for about 7 minutes until they were golden brown.
Next, I turned the potatoes skin side down with my tongs. I continued cooking them without stirring for another 5 to 6 minutes until the skin was a golden brown.
Then, I turned the potatoes again, cut side down.
After that, I reduced the heat to medium-low, covered the pan first with a paper towel and then with the lid. I used the paper towel to collect the condensation so that the potatoes would remain crisp. I cooked the potatoes until they were tender. This took another 7 or 8 minutes.
When the potatoes were tender, I turned them one last time. I sprinkled salt and pepper on the potatoes, and gently stirred them to distribute the salt and pepper.
Finally, I transferred the potatoes to a bowl, and garnished them with cut green onion tops. They were absolutely delicious. Yum!
If you liked the recipe for Easy Stove Top Roasted Potatoes, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, ever your email address in the Subscribe box. Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed and unpeeled
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut green onion tops for garnish optional
- Cut each potato in half. Rinse potatoes in cold water; drain well. Spread potatoes on paper towels, and thoroughly pat dry.
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the potatoes cut side down in a single layer. Cook, without stirring until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn potatoes skin side down with tongs. Cook, without stirring until skin is golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Turn potatoes cut side down. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover pan with paper towels, and then the pan lid. Cook potatoes until they are tender, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Turn potatoes skin side down. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss or gently stir. If desired, garnish with cut green onion tops.
- Yield: 3 to 4 servings.