Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff is easy to make and delicious to eat. The chicken is fork tender and the sauce, incredible.
I recently bought an Instant Pot. I know, just what I needed – another gadget for the kitchen. As it turns out, the Instant Pot is actually quite handy. It’s a combination electric pressure cooker and slow cooker. So far, my conclusion is that it works quite well.
I decided to try it out the slow cooker feature with this amazing Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff, adapted from the All Recipes site. It was not only super easy to make, but also produced delicious results.
I used the following ingredients for the Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff: Boneless and skinless chicken breasts, unsalted butter, Italian salad dressing mix, low fat cream of mushroom soup, white wine, and low fat cream cheese.
Making the Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff,
I started by adding cubed chicken breasts, unsalted butter, and Italian salad dressing mix to the pan of my instant pot. Then, I set the temperature to low and the time to five hours. After the butter melted, I gave the mixture a stir, put on the top and walked away.
After five hours, I added the cream of mushroom soup, that I had mixed with the wine, and the cream cheese. Then I replaced the top, set the slow cooker temperature to high, and set the time for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, the cream cheese was perfectly melted. Therefore, I could easily stir it into the rest of the mixture. I gave it a quick taste to see if any more seasonings were needed. The sauce was perfectly seasoned and the chicken perfectly cooked. I served the Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff over egg noodles. Talk about good. Yum!
(Photographs and mise en place courtesy of the Master Taste Tester!)
If you’re looking for some more Stroganoff recipes, check out my vegetarian option of Mushroom Stroganoff.
I hope you liked this recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon (½ package) Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese
- Trim chicken breast of fat, and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Add chicken breasts, butter, and Italian salad dressing mix to pan of slow cooker. Set slow cooker on low for five hours. After butter has melted, stir to combine. Place top on slow cooker.
- Combine cream of mushroom soup and white wine. Add to chicken. Add cream cheese. Set slow cooker on high for 30 minutes. Place top on slow cooker.
- Stir to combine; correct seasonings. Serve over egg noodles cooked according to package directions. Yield: 4 servings.