Ready in minutes, and made with real cheese, Easy Spicy Sausage Queso Dip is a real crowd pleaser. This dip thickens as it cools, but doesn’t become hard like other cheese based dips. It’s amazing with tortilla chips and spread on French bread or crackers.
Ingredients for Easy Spicy Sausage Queso Dip:
I used the following ingredients: Hot breakfast sausage, extra sharp Cheddar cheese, corn starch, evaporated milk, and diced tomatoes and green chilies.
Making the Easy Spicy Sausage Queso Dip:
I started by browning and crumbling the sausage in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. When the sausage was browned, I drained t on a paper towel lined plate.
While the sausage was cooking, I mixed the cheese and corn starch together in a medium saucepan. Then, I added the drained diced tomatoes and green chilies, and evaporated milk. After stirring the ingredients together, I added the sausage.
I heated the queso dip over medium heat, stirring frequently until the cheese had melted and the mixture had thickened.
After letting the Easy Spicy Sausage Queso Dip cool for about 10 minutes, I served it with tortilla chips. It was absolutely delicious. Yum!
- 8 ounces hot breakfast sausage
- 2 cups (8 ounces) extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk (low fat or regular)
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- Cook sausage over medium heat until browned and crumbled. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine shredded cheese and corn starch in a medium saucepan. Add drained tomatoes and green chilies, evaporated milk, and crumbled sausage. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted, and mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips, French bread slices or crackers.
- Yield: 6 servings.