Emeril’s Essence is my go-to Creole spice that I use in not only Creole dishes, but also Cajun dishes. This is based on Emeril’s recipe from his site. I also use it in numerous other dishes. If you haven’t tried this wonderful combination of spices, you definitely should!
Making Emeril’s Essence:
Making Emeril’s Essence couldn’t be easier. I added paprika, Kosher salt, garlic powder, freshly ground black pepper, onion powder, cayenne powder, dried oregano, and dried thyme to a 12-ounce mason jar.
Then, I screwed on the top, and gave the jar a good shake.
That’s it! It couldn’t be easier. I always keep Emeril’s Essence on hand in an air-tight container.
Dishes in which I use this wonderful spice combination include Pork Boulettes with Spicy Dip, Shrimp Étouffée, Pasta Jambalaya, Red Beans and Rice, among a lot of others. You should check out my extensive list of Mardi Gras recipes. Yum!
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Thyme
- Place all ingredients in a jar with a lid.
- Screw on lid and give the jar a shake to combine all ingredients.
- Yield: 3/4 cup.