Parmesan Garlic Oyster Crackers are amazingly easy to make and insanely addictive. They take minutes to put together and are a perfect munchie for any occasion or an anytime snack.
Why You Should Make This Recipe
- Easy to make: Parmesan garlic oyster crackers are super easy to make. They require only a few basic ingredients and minimal preparation time.
- Versatile snack: These crackers are perfect for a variety of occasions, from game nights and parties to movie nights or just casual snacking. They can be enjoyed on their own or paired with dips, soups, or salads, adding a delightful crunch and flavor to any dish.
- Economical: This delicious recipe is a budget-friendly snack option. using quality ingredients that are readily available.
- Make-ahead convenience: When stored in an airtight container, this tasty snack will stay fresh for about a week, ensuring you have a yummy snack available for different occasions.
Ingredients: Here’s What You’ll Need
I used the following ingredients for this amazing snack: Oyster Crackers, unsalted butter, olive oil, fresh minced parsley, garlic, Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Oyster Crackers: The main ingredient for this delicious snack is oyster crackers which are readily available in your grocery store.
- The Coatings: Olive oil and unsalted butter come together to provide an outer coating to the oyster crackers. This helps the other ingredients adhere to the oyster crackers.
- The Flavorings: To flavor the oyster crackers, I used fresh parsley, garlic, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- The Seasonings: In addition to the flavorings, I added Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to season the crackers.
Steps: Here’s How I Made the Parmesan Garlic Oyster Crackers
- First, I melted the butter, along with olive oil, parsley, and garlic, in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the butter was melted, I stirred the ingredients together.
- Then, I added the Oyster Crackers and stirred them to ensure that they were well coated.
- Next, I poured the cracker mixture onto a baking sheet lined with non-stick aluminum foil and spread them out into a single layer.
- I sprinkled the Oyster Crackers with Parmesan cheese and some salt and pepper. Then, I popped the crackers into a preheated 250°F oven for about 35 minutes.
After 35 minutes, the Parmesan Garlic Oyster Crackers were golden brown and perfectly crisp. I let them cool completely on the baking sheet and then stored them in an airtight container.
One bite, and I could tell that these amazing crackers would become a family favorite. You should try them. Yum!
Frequently Asked Questions
With a name like oyster crackers, you might think that they are made with oysters. However, there are no oysters in oyster crackers. Historically, oyster crackers which were developed in the early 1800s, were served with seafood soups and chowders. No one knows for sure, but one likely reason for the name was that they were often served with oyster stew.
Oyster crackers are somewhat bland and taste like saltine crackers but with less salt.
Because oyster crackers are bland, they are a perfect base for different types of savory seasonings like ranch, taco, cheese, Italian, etc. They can also be combined with caramel to produce a sweet snack.
A 9-ounce package of oyster crackers contains 4 cups.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Grate your own cheese: Although pre-grated Parmesan cheese and dried Parmesan cheese are convenient, your oyster crackers will have a fresher, more robust flavor if you use freshly grated Parmesan cheese as opposed to pre-grated or dry Parmesan cheese.
- Use fresh garlic: While you can use garlic powder in this recipe, I recommend using fresh garlic. The reason is that fresh garlic will give your crackers a more pronounced garlic taste.
- Line your baking sheet: I generally line my baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil. However, I’ve not really had a problem with these crackers sticking, so I could also use regular aluminum foil or parchment paper. The main reason for lining the baking sheet is to minimize cleanup.
If you’re interested in an amazing sweet variation of a snack using oyster crackers, you should check out my recipe for Chocolate Drizzled Caramel Oyster Crackers.
I hope you liked this recipe for Easy Parmesan Garlic Oyster Crackers as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Easy Parmesan Garlic Oyster Crackers
- 6 Tablespoons (3-ounces, ¾ stick) unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups (9-ounce package) Oyster Crackers
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil. Set aside. Melt butter along with olive oil, parsley, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir to combine.
- Melt butter along with olive oil, parsley, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Add Oyster Crackers. Stir to coat evenly.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet; spread in a single layer. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in preheated 250°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 4 cups.