Parmesan Garlic Oyster Crackers are amazingly easy to make, and insanely addictive. They take minutes to put together and are a perfect munchie for any occasion or an anytime snack.
These delicious crackers are an adaptation of Tyler Florence’s recipe. I first blogged about them on October 11, 2018. This update has a slightly modified recipe and updated pictures and text.
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Table of Contents
Ingredients for Parmesan Garlic Oyster Crackers
I used the following ingredients for this amazing snack: Oyster Crackers, unsalted butter, olive oil, fresh minced parsley, garlic, Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Making the Parmesan Garlic Oyster Crackers
Step 1: First, I melted the butter, along with olive oil, parsley, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat.
Step 2: When the butter was melted, I stirred the ingredients together.
Step 3: Then, I added the Oyster Crackers, and stirred to ensure that they were well coated.
Step 4: Next, I poured the cracker mixture onto a non-stick lined baking sheet, and spread them out into a single layer.
Step 5: I sprinkled the Oyster Crackers with the Parmesan cheese and some salt and pepper. Then, I popped the crackers into a preheated 250° F oven for about 35 minutes.
After 35 minutes, the Parmesan Garlic Oyster Crackers were golden brown and perfectly crisp. I let them cool completely on the baking sheet and then stored them in an airtight container.
One bite and I could tell that these amazing crackers would become a family favorite. You should try them. Yum!
Frequently Asked Questions
With a name like oyster crackers, you might think that they are made with oysters. However, there are no oysters in oyster crackers. Historically, oyster cracker which were developed in the early 1800’s were served with seafood soups and chowders. No one knows for sure, but one likely reason for the name was that they were often served with oyster stew.
Oyster crackers are somewhat bland and taste like saltine crackers, but with less salt.
Because oyster crackers are bland, they are a perfect base for different types of savory seasonings like ranch, taco, cheese, Italian, etc. They can also be combined with caramel to produce a sweet snack.
A 9-ounce package of oyster crackers contains 4 cups.
If you’re interested in an amazing sweet variation of a snack using oyster crackers, you should check out my recipe for Chocolate Drizzled Caramel Oyster Crackers.
I hope you liked this recipe for Easy Parmesan Garlic Oyster Crackers as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Parmesan Garlic Oyster Crackers
- 6 Tablespoons (3-ounces, ¾ stick) unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups (9-ounce package) Oyster Crackers
- ¼ cup (1-ounce) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 250° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil. Set aside. Melt butter along with olive oil, parsley, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir to combine.
- Add Oyster Crackers. Stir to evenly coat.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet; spread in a single layer. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in preheated 250° F oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool completely. Store in airtight container. Yield: 4 cups.