Tequila Sunrise is a classic cocktail that’s as tasty to imbibe as it is pretty to look at. It only contains three basic ingredients and is perfect for your Cinco de Mayo celebration.
Making this Classic Cocktail:
I used the following ingredients: Tequila, freshly squeezed orange juice, and grenadine syrup. As a side note, I’ve also made this with vodka.
Making this classic drink was a snap. I combined the tequila with the orange juice in a glass containing some ice. Then, I carefully added the grenadine so that it would sink to the bottom of the glass.
I added a piece of sliced orange and a maraschino cherry for garnish, and Olé – a Tequila Sunrise. Yum!
- 3 Tablespoons (1-1/2 ounces) tequila
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons (1 ounce) Grenadine syrup
- Orange slice and maraschino cherry for garnish optional
- Fill glass with ice. Add tequila and orange juice.
- Slowly add grenadine, allowing it to settle at the bottom of the glass.
- Garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherry.
- Yield: One Tequila Sunrise