Three-Ingredient Strawberry Smoothie is the ultimate in simplicity and taste. With only 3 ingredients this amazing smoothie takes minutes to make. It’s thick and creamy and perfect for cooling you off on these hot summer days.
For another easy and delicious healthy treat, you would try my Double Chocolate Energy Bites.
Ingredients for Strawberry Smoothie
I used the following 3 ingredients for this amazing smoothie inspired by A Spicy Perspective: Frozen strawberries, milk and strawberry fruit spread.
The frozen strawberries that I used were not in syrup. I used whole milk to make the smoothie, but could have used low-fat milk, soy milk or almond milk instead. Also, I could have used strawberry preserves in place of the fruit spread. The fruit spread, though doesn’t contain high fructose sugar like is often found in preserves.
Why Frozen Strawberries?
A lot of smoothie recipes call for the addition of ice. When the ice is crushed in the blender, it produces a thickness to the smoothie. However, the ice also tends to dilute the flavor. Frozen strawberries eliminate the need to add ice without diluting the flavor. In addition, I can purchase the frozen strawberries year-round and keep them in my freezer for whenever the urge strikes!
I can also purchase other types of frozen fruit such as peaches and raspberries. Therefore, it’s simple to modify the fruit and fruit spread/preserves to produce a different smoothie!
Making the 3-Ingredient Strawberry Smoothie
This smoothie recipe has to be one of the easiest around. I added the frozen strawberries, milk and fruit spread to my blender and pressed purée. After about 60 seconds, the smoothie was perfectly blended. That’s it!
The 3-Ingredient Strawberry Smoothie was amazing. It was thick and creamy with a concentrated strawberry taste. Imagine producing something this good and this quickly with only 3 ingredients. It was the perfect way to cool off on this hot summer day. Yum!
3-Ingredient Strawberry Smoothie is the ultimate in simplicity and taste. With only 3 ingredients this amazing Smoothie takes minutes to make. It’s thick and creamy and perfect for cooling you off on these hot summer days.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries (See Tip 1)
- 1 cup milk (See Tip 2)
- 3 Tablespoons strawberry fruit spread (See Tip 3)
Add ingredients to blender. Purée until smooth and creamy, about 60 seconds.
Yield: 2 servings. (See Tip 4)
- The use of frozen strawberries eliminates the need to add ice to the smoothie. Make sure that your frozen strawberries are not in syrup.
- I used whole milk, but could have used low-fat milk, skim milk, soy milk or almond milk.
- I could have used strawberry preserves rather than the strawberry fruit spread.
- Rather than a strawberry smoothie, you can make a peach smoothie by using frozen peaches and peach fruit spread or preserves. You can also make different types of smoothies by varying the type of fruit and fruit spread or preserves.