These Blueberry Mini Muffins are moist and fluffy – the perfect morning treat, if they last that long. They’re not only delicious, but also very easy to make.
I used the following ingredients for the Blueberry Mini Muffins: All purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, vegetable oil, egg, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
Making the Blueberry Mini Muffins
To make the Blueberry Mini Muffins I first whisked together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Then I added liquid ingredients, which I had whisked together in a measuring cup, – milk, oil, egg, vanilla extract, and sour cream to make 1 cup. After a quick mix with a spatula to combine the dry and wet ingredients, I added the blueberries. Next I mixed the batter just until everything was combined. A key to good muffins is not overworking the batter.
I used a 1½-inch ice cream scoop to add the batter into the cups of a mini-muffin pan. However, I first sprayed the pan with non-stick baking spray.
I baked the mini muffins in a preheated 375° F oven for about 15 minutes, until they were golden brown. Then I removed them from the pan to cool on a wire rack.
I ended up with 24 absolutely delicious Blueberry MiniMuffins! The Master Taste Tester agreed. The next time that I make them, I think I’ll add some lemon zest. Yum!
I hope you liked this recipe for Blueberry Mini Muffins as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, ever your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
- 1 ½ cups (6.7 ounces, 190 grams) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (5.25 ounces, 149 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream or enough to bring liquid level to 1 cup
- 1 cup (5 to 6 ounces, 150 grams) fresh blueberries*
Crumb Topping (optional)
- ¼ cup 1.75 ounces, 50 grams granulated sugar
- 2 ½ Tablespoons 0.70 ounces, 20 grams all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons 1 ounce, 28 grams unsalted butter, cubed
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease mini muffin cups or line with mini muffin liners.
- Whisk together 1-½ cups flour, ¾ cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place milk into 1 cup measuring cup; add vegetable oil, the egg, vanilla extract, and enough sour cream to measure 1 cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill mini muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture if desired.
- Mix together ½ cup sugar, 2-½ Tablespoons flour, 2 Tablespoons butter, and ¾ teaspoon cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. Yield: 24 mini-muffins.