These Blueberry Mini Muffins are moist and fluffy – the perfect morning treat, if they last that long. They’re not only delicious, but also very easy to make.
Ingredients for Blueberry Mini Muffins:
I used the following ingredients: All purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, vegetable oil, egg, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
Making the Blueberry Mini Muffins:
First, I whisked together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Then, I added liquid which I had whisked together in a measuring cup – milk, oil, egg, vanilla extract, and sour cream to make 1 cup. After a quick mix with a spatula to combine the dry and wet ingredients, I added the blueberries. Next, I mixed the batter just until everything was combined. A key to good muffins is not overworking the batter.
I baked the mini muffins in a preheated 375° F oven for about 15 minutes, until they were golden brown. Then I removed them from the pan to cool on a wire rack.
I ended up with 24 absolutely delicious Blueberry MiniMuffins! The Master Taste Tester agreed. The next time that I make them, I think I’ll add some lemon zest. Yum!
- 1 1/2 cups (6.7 ounces, 190 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (5.25 ounces, 149 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream or enough to bring liquid level to 1 cup
- 1 cup (5 to 6 ounces, 150 grams) fresh blueberries*
- 1/4 cup 1.75 ounces, 50 grams granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons 0.70 ounces, 20 grams all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons 1 ounce, 28 grams unsalted butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease mini muffin cups or line with mini muffin liners.
- Whisk together 1-1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place milk into 1 cup measuring cup; add vegetable oil, the egg, vanilla extract, and enough sour cream to measure 1 cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill mini muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture if desired.
Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 2-1/2 Tablespoons flour, 2 Tablespoons butter, and ¾ teaspoon cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. Yield: 24 mini-muffins.
*May use frozen blueberries that have been defrosted in place of fresh blueberries.