Bran mini muffins are both delicious and good for you. They can be prepared in advance, and will make an awesome addition to any brunch!
I used the following ingredients for the Bran Mini Muffins: Wheat bran, buttermilk, vegetable oil, one egg, brown sugar vanilla extract, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and Craisins.
Making the Bran Mini Muffins
Since I didn’t have any buttermilk, I started by making my own. I mixed 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice with enough milk to make a total of 1 cup of liquid. Then, I mixed together milk/lemon juice and the wheat bran, and let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, I beat together the vegetable oil, egg, brown sugar and vanilla.
After 10 minutes, the wheat bran was somewhat hydrated. I sifted the baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into the liquid mixture by using a small wire strainer.
Then, I stirred the wheat bran mixture. Next, I added the flour, and stirred it just until things were blended.
Finally, I folded in the Craisins.
I portioned the batter into a prepared mini muffin tin with a 1-½ inch ice cream scoop.
I baked the mini muffins in a preheated 375° F oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, the mini muffins were perfectly done. After I removed the mini muffins from the oven, I cooled them on a wire rack.
I ended up with 24 incredibly delicious and healthy bran mini muffins. Yum!
If you’re looking for some more mini muffin recipes check out my Apple Mini Muffins or Blueberry Mini Muffins.
I hope you liked this recipe for Bran Mini Muffins as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Bran Mini Muffins
- 1 ½ cups (3 ounces) wheat bran
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Craisins
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease mini muffin cups or line with paper mini muffin liners.
- Mix together wheat bran and buttermilk; let stand 10 minutes.
- Beat together oil, egg, brown sugar, and vegetable oil. Sift in baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; mix well. Add buttermilk/bran mixture. Stir in flour; mix until just blended. Fold in Craisins. Using a 1-½ inch disher, add batter to prepared mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a mini muffin comes out clean.
- Yield: 24 mini muffins.