Bran mini muffins are both delicious and good for you. They can be prepared in advance, and will make an awesome addition to any brunch!
Ingredients for Bran Mini Muffins:
I used the following ingredients: Wheat bran, buttermilk, vegetable oil, one egg, brown sugar vanilla extract, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and Craisins.
Since I didn’t have any buttermilk, I started by making my own. I mixed 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice with enough milk to make a total of 1 cup of liquid. Then, I mixed together milk/lemon juice and the wheat bran, and let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, I beat together the vegetable oil, egg, brown sugar and vanilla.
After 10 minutes, the wheat bran was somewhat hydrated. I sifted the baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into the liquid mixture by using a small wire strainer.
Then, I stirred the wheat bran mixture. Next, I added the flour, and stirred it just until things were blended.
Finally, I folded in the Craisins.
I portioned the batter into a prepared mini muffin tin with a 1-1/2 inch ice cream scoop.
I baked the mini muffins in a preheated 375° F oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, the mini muffins were perfectly done. After I removed the mini muffins from the oven, I cooled them on a wire rack.
I ended up with 24 incredibly delicious and healthy bran mini muffins. Yum!
I hope you liked this recipe for Bran Mini Muffins as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, ever your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Bran Mini Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups (3 ounces) wheat bran
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Craisins
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease mini muffin cups or line with paper mini muffin liners.
- Mix together wheat bran and buttermilk; let stand 10 minutes.
- Beat together oil, egg, brown sugar, and vegetable oil. Sift in baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; mix well. Add buttermilk/bran mixture. Stir in flour; mix until just blended. Fold in Craisins. Using a 1-1/2 inch disher, add batter to prepared mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a mini muffin comes out clean.
- Yield: 24 mini muffins.