Mini heart-shaped tortilla pizzas are a fun and easy treat, perfect for Valentine’s or any occasion. Using flour tortillas as the base, you can create a quick and delicious alternative to traditional pizza. Whether you’re looking for a creative snack for the kids or a simple appetizer for a gathering, these mini pizzas will surely be a hit.
I like to top my mini pizzas with heart-shaped pepperoni. However, the versatility of the toppings allows you to customize each pizza to your liking, making them a crowd-pleaser for everyone. Get ready to impress with these adorable and tasty heart-shaped pizzas that are as easy to make as they are delicious.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Simple and Adorable: The pizzas are simple to make with just a few ingredients, making them perfect for a snack or an appetizer.
- Valentine’s Day or Special Occasions: These mini heart-shaped tortilla pizzas are ideal for Valentine’s Day or other special occasions.
- Customizable and Versatile: These little pizzas are versatile and can be customized with different toppings, making them appealing to various tastes and preferences.
- Kid-Friendly: The mini heart-shaped tortilla pizzas are a hit with children of all ages because of their cute shape and familiar pizza flavors.
Ingredients – Here’s What You’ll Need
These tasty treats require only four ingredients.
- The Crust: Flour tortillas provide a quick and easy store-bought crust for these yummy pizzas. I was able to cut four crusts using a heart-shaped cookie cutter out of a 10-inch flour tortilla.
- The Sauce: I used store-bought pizza sauce.
- The Toppings: I used sliced mozzarella cheese and pepperoni for the toppings. I cut both into heart shapes.
- Heart-Shaped Cookie Cutters: I used three different sizes of heart-shaped cookie cutters from a set of five cookie cutters.
Preparation: Step-by Step
- I used a small knife to cut the heart-shaped crust from the 10-inch flour tortilla using the 4.57-inch cookie cutter as a guide. I was able to cut 4 heart-shaped crusts from each 10-inch flour tortilla.
- I knew from experience that the flour tortillas tended to puff up with air bubbles when heated. Therefore, I used a fork to dock or prick the individual crusts to minimize the air bubbles. This worked like a charm!
- Next, I used a 3.86-inch cutter to cut the sliced mozzarella cheese into heart shapes.
- Finally, I used a 1.38-inch cutter to cut the pepperoni into heart shapes.
Making the Heart-Shaped Pizzas: Step-by-Step
With the crust, cheese, and pepperoni cut into heart shapes, it was now time to make the heart-shaped pizzas.
- I started by placing six of the heart-shaped crusts on a silicone-lined half-sheet pan. Then, I placed the crusts in a 400°F oven for about four minutes. After four minutes, I removed the pan from the oven and flipped each crust.
- I returned the crusts to the oven for another three to four minutes. Once the crusts started to brown around the edges, I removed them from the oven.
- I spread about ¾ teaspoon of pizza sauce in the middle of each crust.
- Then, I placed a piece of heart-shaped mozzarella cheese on each pizza.
- Finally, I placed three heart-shaped pieces of pepperoni on each pizza.
- I returned the pizzas to the 400°F oven for about 5 minutes until the cheese was nicely melted.
I repeated this with the other six pizza crusts for a total of 12 easy mini heart-shaped tortilla pizzas. The combination of their adorable appearance and delicious taste make these easy mini pizzas a memorable treat.
Whether enjoyed with loved ones or as a special treat for yourself, these heart-shaped tortilla pizzas are a wonderful way to spread joy through food. The versatility of this recipe makes it perfect for various occasions, from cozy family dinners to festive Valentine’s gatherings. Yum!
Frequently Asked Questions
I used 10-inch flour tortillas in this recipe because that’s what I had on hand. Feel free to use whatever size you like.
I knew from experience that flour tortillas shrink when heated. Therefore, I wanted the cheese to be smaller than the uncooked tortilla crust. Also, the size of the cheese slices was a limiting factor in how large a cutter I could use.
Sometimes, I will forego using a cookie cutter to cut the pepperoni and use scissors to cut the hearts. It’s easy to do if you first fold the pepperoni in half.
I like to serve the mini pizzas with pizza sauce on the side for dipping. They can also be served plain or with a side salad for a light meal.
Other Pizza Recipes
If you’re a fan of pizza, check out these delicious recipes.
I hope you liked this Easy Mini Heart-Shaped Tortilla Pizzas recipe as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Easy Mini Heart-Shaped Tortilla Pizzas
- Heart-Shaped Cookie Cutters
- 3 10-inch flour tortillas (See Tip 1)
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 36 slices of pepperoni
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- Cut 12 heart-shaped pizza crusts from the flour tortillas using a 4.57 to 5-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter as a guide. Using a fork, pierce each crust multiple times to minimize air bubbles when the crust is cooking.
- Cut 12 heart-shaped slices of mozzarella cheese using a 3.86 to 4-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. (See Tip 2)
- Cut 36 heart shapes from the pepperoni using a 1 to 1.38-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. (See Tip 3)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two half-sheet pans with silicone liners, parchment paper, or non-stick aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Place six heart-shaped crusts on the prepared sheet pan. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes at 400°F. Remove the pan from the oven and flip the crusts. Bake for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until the crust edges start to brown. Remove from the oven.
- Spread about ¾ teaspoon of pizza sauce in the middle of each crust. Top with a heart-shaped piece of mozzarella cheese, and three heart-shaped pieces of pepperoni.
- Bake at 400°F for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve pizza sauce on the side for dipping.
- Yield: 12 mini heart-shaped tortilla pizzas.
- You can use whatever size flour tortilla you have available. You will need a total of 12 heart-shaped tortilla crusts.
- The size of the mozzarella cheese slices will dictate how large a heart-shaped cookie cutter you can use.
- If you don’t have a small heart-shaped cutter, you can cut the pepperoni into heart shapes with scissors. Fold the pepperoni in half first to make it easy to cut a heart shape.