Christmas Swirled Peppermint Bark is different from the traditional peppermint bark with its dark chocolate and white chocolate layers. Rather, it starts with a peppermint flavored white chocolate layer, and adds striking swirls of red and green. It’s so much easier to make and produces an awe-inspiring treat that will delight young and old.
If you’ve ever made traditional peppermint bark, you probably know that it can be somewhat difficult to work with. There are times when the white layer separates from the chocolate layer when you cut it. Also, the peppermint candy on top tends to become sticky.
The Christmas Swirled Peppermint Bark solves both problems and is so easy and so much fun to make.
Ingredients for Christmas Swirled Peppermint Bark
I used the following ingredients for this amazing Peppermint Bark: Ghiradelli white melting wafers, Wilton red candy melts, Wilton green candy melts, peppermint extract, and sprinkles.
Making the Christmas Swirled Peppermint Bark
First, I melted the white melting wafers in the microwave according to the package directions. Then, I added some peppermint extract and stirred the mixture.
Next, I melted the red candy melts and green candy melts in the microwave according to the package directions.
Once everything was melted, I poured the white chocolate onto a parchment lined surface and spread it into a thin layer. Then, I added dollops of the red and green melted candy melts. I swirled the red and green into the white using a wooden skewer. I included a short video below showing how I made this unique treat!
Finally, I sprinkled on some Christmas M&M’s and Christmas sprinkles. I let the Peppermint Bark cool completely before cutting it into individual pieces.
I ended up with 1 ¼ pounds of amazingly beautiful Christmas Swirled Peppermint Bark. Every piece is unique and absolutely delicious. Yum!
Christmas Swirled Peppermint Bark
- 2 cups (12 ounces) white melting wafers (See Note 1)
- 1 ½ teaspoons peppermint extract
- ⅔ cup (4 ounces) red candy melts (See Note 2)
- ⅔ cup (4 ounces) green candy melts (See Note 2)
- Christmas Sprinkles of your choice
- Melt white melting wafers in microwave safe bowl in microwave according to package directions. Add peppermint extract; stir to combine. (See Note 3)
- Melt red candy melts in microwave safe bowl in microwave according to package directions. Melt green candy melts in microwave safe bowl in microwave according to package directions. (See Note 3)
- Pour melted white melting wafers onto parchment lined surface; spread to a thin layer.
- Place dollops of melted red candy melts and melted green candy melts on white layer. Swirl with wooden skewer, chopstick, or something comparable.
- Sprinkle on Christmas sprinkles. Allow to harden. Cut or break into serving pieces.
- Store in airtight container.
- Yield: 1 ¼ pounds.
Chula's Expert Tips
- I used Ghiradelli White Melting Wafers. I could have also used White Candy Melts.
- I used Wilton Candy Melts.
- If mixture is too thick, add ½ to 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to thin it out.