Holiday Bark with white chocolate only takes five minutes to make. It is not only easy to make, but also uses only 3 (maybe 4) ingredients. It makes awesome edible Christmas gifts, and is Oh So Good!
I’ve been making this holiday bark for years, and it never ceases to please. If fact, it’s one of the Master Taste Tester’s favorites. What’s even better, is that it stays fresh for a long time if packaged in an airtight container or bag.
I used the following ingredients for this holiday bark: White chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and pistachios. The maybe “4th” ingredient is a bit of vegetable oil to thin out the melted white chocolate.
Making the White Chocolate 5-Minute Holiday Bark:
First, I melted the white chocolate chips in the microwave. I started with 1 minute on 50% power. After giving the chips a stir, I microwaved them for another 30 seconds on 50% power. After another stir, I microwaved them another 30 seconds on 50% power. Depending on your microwave, it may take more of less time. However, it’s important that the chips not get too hot. The reason is that heat alters their composition, and retards their ability to solidify. Anyway, after two minutes, the chips were almost melted, but still a bit thick. Therefore, I added 1-1/2 teaspoons of vegetable oil. It was at the perfect consistency.
Next, I added the dried cranberries that I had rough chopped, and the pistachios.
After giving the mixture a good stir to ensure that all ingredients were well combined, I poured the holiday bark onto a silicon lined baking sheet. I could have also used parchment paper here.
After letting the Holiday Bark get hard at room temperature, I cut it into 2 to 4-inch serving pieces. This 5-Minute White Chocolate Holiday Bark never ceases to please. For awesome edible Christmas gifts, I package it in individual treat bags, and add it to gift baskets. Yum!
5-Minute White Chocolate Holiday Bark
- 2 2/3 cups (16 ounces, 454 grams) white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli white chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces, 170 grams) dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (6 ounces, 170 grams) peeled pistachio nuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil optional
- Melt white chocolate chips in microwave as follows: Start with 1 minute on 50% power. Stir. Microwave in additional 30 second increments at 50% power, stirring after each heating until almost melted. Do not over heat. (With my microwave, it took a total of 2-minutes).
- If mixture is too thick, add vegetable oil (I always do this); stir to combine.
- Add dried cranberries and pistachios; stir to combine.
- Pour onto silicon or parchment paper lined baking sheet; spread to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Allow to harden at room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Cut into serving pieces.
- Yield: 1-1/2 pounds of White Chocolate Holiday Bark.