Looking for a quick and easy holiday treat that’s sure to impress? Look no further than this easy five-minute white chocolate, pistachio, and dried cranberry holiday bark! This delicious treat is made with just three simple ingredients and is perfect for gifting or enjoying yourself.
I’ve been making this holiday bark for years, and it never ceases to please. In fact, it’s one of the Master Taste Tester’s favorites. What’s even better is that this easy treat stays fresh for a long time if packaged in an airtight container or treat bag.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick and Easy to Make: This sweet treat takes minutes to put together and is super easy to make.
- Uses Basic Ingredients: It’s made with simple ingredients that won’t break the bank.
- Festive and Delicious: The red cranberries and green pistachios produce a festive appearance against the white chocolate bark. In addition, the combination of sweet, tart, and salty produces a delicious treat whether you have a sweet tooth or not.
- Perfect for Gift Giving: Homemade gifts are often considered the best thing received. Package the white chocolate Christmas bark in clear plastic treat bags with decorative ribbons to create your own traditions for the holidays.
Ingredients – Here’s What You’ll Need:
I used the following basic ingredients for this holiday bark: White chocolate chips, dried cranberries (Craisins), and roasted and salted pistachios. I also added a small amount of vegetable oil to thin out the melted white chocolate.
Step-By-Step: Making the Holiday Bark
- I started by melting the white chocolate chips in the microwave at 50% power in 30-second increments. With my microwave, this took about two minutes. Depending on your microwave, this may take more or less time.
- After about two minutes, the white chocolate chips had almost melted but were still thick. Therefore, I added 1 ½ teaspoons of vegetable oil to produce the perfect consistency.
- Next, I added the pistachios and dried cranberries that I had roughly chopped.
- After giving the mixture a good stir with a silicone spatula to ensure that all ingredients were well combined, I poured the holiday bark onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. I could have also used a silicone mat or wax paper here.
- Then, using the silicone spatula, I spread the holiday bark mixture out until it was around ¼ inch thick.
- I let the white chocolate Christmas bark harden at room temperature. Then I cut it into smaller pieces that were between two and four inches.
The taste of this White Chocolate Holiday Bark never ceases to please. The combination of the sweetness of the white chocolate, the tartness of the dried cranberries, and the salty crunch of the pistachios is out of this world! And it only takes minutes to make
For awesome edible Christmas gifts, I like to package this bark in individual treat bags and add it to gift baskets or place it in decorative tins. Yum!
Frequently Asked Questions
I like to use a knife to break the bark into pieces. This allows the pistachios and cranberries to be cut for a prettier presentation.
You can use any type of good quality white chocolate you like, but I recommend using baking chips because they are easy to melt. I used Ghiradelli Premium Baking Classic White Chips.
If you are using good-quality white chocolate that is gently heated for melting, it should set at room temperature. If your bark doesn’t appear to be setting properly, then put it in the refrigerator.
If the bark sets properly at room temperature, then it can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for a week or two.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- When melting the white chips, it’s important that they not get too hot. The reason is that heat alters their composition and retards their ability to solidify.
- I like to use a knife to cut the bark instead of breaking it. The reason is that the pistachios are large enough that they probably need to be cut.
I hope you liked this Easy 5-Minute White Chocolate Holiday Bark recipe as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Easy 5-Minute White Chocolate Holiday Bark
- 2 ⅔ cups (16 ounces, 454 grams) white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli white chocolate chips)
- ½ cup (2 ounces, 170 grams) dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 ¼ cups (6 ounces, 170 grams) peeled roasted and salted pistachio nuts
- 1 ½ teaspoons vegetable oil optional
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave on 50% power in 30-second increments, stirring after each increment until almost melted. Do not overheat. (With my microwave, it took a total of 2 minutes).
- If mixture is too thick, add vegetable oil (I always do this); stir to combine.
- Add the pistachios and dried cranberries; stir to combine.
- Pour onto a parchment or silicone-lined baking sheet; spread to about ¼-inch thickness.
- Allow to harden at room temperature (15 to 20 minutes)
- Cut into serving pieces.
- Yield: 1-½ pounds of White Chocolate Holiday Bark.