One Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken is the ultimate in simplicity and taste. Thinly sliced chicken breasts are pan-fried and finished in a creamy Italian style sauce that’s bursting with goodness and flavor. Served over pasta, One Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken is perfect for an elegant dinner party, but easy enough to serve any night of the week.
Ingredients for One Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken
I used the following ingredients for this amazing dish: Boneless and skinless chicken breasts, all-purpose flour, Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, olive oil, fresh garlic, heavy cream, chicken broth, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, fresh spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Making the One Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken
I started by horizontally slicing the chicken breasts into 3 or 4 thin pieces each. Then, I tossed the chicken in some all-purpose flour that I had seasoned with salt and pepper.
Next, I heated some olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil was hot, I added the chicken in batches and lightly browned each side. This took several minutes per side. I transferred the chicken to a paper towel lined plate while I cooked the rest of the chicken.
Once the chicken was finished, I made the sauce. First, I added the minced garlic to the same skillet, and sautéed it until fragrant. This took about 30 seconds. Next, I added the cream, chicken broth, and Parmesan cheese, and stirred to combine everything. After that, I stirred in the Italian seasoning, followed by the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes.
I cooked the sauce over medium heat until the spinach had wilted and the sauce started to thicken. This took several minutes. Then, I added the chicken to the sauce, and continued cooking the One Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken for several more minutes.
After several minutes, the sauce was bubbly and the chicken was thoroughly heated. The flour coating on the chicken served to thicken the sauce to a perfect consistency.
I served the One Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken over cooked pasta, finished with a sprinkling with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. To complete the meal, I added some Crusty French Bread on the side and a nice glass of Pinot Grigio. Yum!
One Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken is the ultimate in simplicity and taste. Thinly sliced chicken breasts are pan-fried and finished in a creamy Italian style sauce that's bursting with goodness and flavor. Served over pasta, One Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken is perfect for an elegant dinner party, but easy enough to serve any night of the week.
- 16 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup 2 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (See Note 1)
- Thinly slice chicken breasts horizontally into 3 to 4 pieces each.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in Ziploc bag. Add chicken; shake to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, add chicken and brown on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to paper towel lined plate.
- Add garlic to same skillet used to cook the chicken. Cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add cream, chicken broth, and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
Add Italian seasoning, spinach, and sun dried tomatoes. Cook over medium heat until spinach has wilted and sauce has started to thicken, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to the sauce. Heat over medium heat as sauce continues to thicken and chicken is heated through, 2 to 3 additional minutes.
- Serve over pasta; garnish with additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings.
- I prefer to use dry packed sun-dried tomatoes rather than the sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil.