Easy Chicken Rice and Broccoli Casserole is a one pot dish that’s sure to become a family favorite. With the combination of chicken, rice, broccoli, and of course cheese, you know it’s going to be delicious. It can be made ahead of time and produces awesome leftovers.
For another company worthy recipe using chicken and broccoli, head on over to my delicious Chicken Divan recipe.
Ingredients for Easy Chicken Rice and Broccoli Casserole:
I used the following ingredients for this delicious casserole: Chicken, rice, broccoli, cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, Cheddar cheese, butter, and crushed corn flakes.
Making the Easy Chicken Rice and Broccoli Casserole:
First, I cooked the chicken in a bit of butter in a skillet over medium heat until it was no longer pink. This took 7 or 8 minutes. While the chicken was cooking, I steamed the broccoli florets for several minutes until they were a bright green. Then, I plunged the broccoli in ice water to stop the cooking and drained it well. Next, I whisked together the cream of chicken soup and mayonnaise in a small bowl. That was the extent of the prep! I added the chicken, rice, broccoli, and cheese to a large bowl, and poured the chicken soup mixture over it.
After I folded all of the ingredients together, I divided the mixture between two baking dishes. The idea here was that the Master Taste Tester and I would have one of the casseroles for dinner, and the other at a later time. I sprinkled both casseroles with shredded cheese and crushed corn flakes. Then I dotted both with some butter.
I popped one of the casseroles into a preheated 350° F oven for about 30 minutes and froze the other one. After 30 minutes, the casserole was bubbly, and the top golden brown. I served the Easy Chicken Rice and Broccoli Casserole with some crusty french bread and a nice Chardonnay. The casserole was absolutely delicious. It was creamy and cheesy, and a perfect one pot meal. Yum!
Easy Chicken Rice and Broccoli Casserole
- 1 pound (16 ounces) boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups broccoli florets broken into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup crushed corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook chicken in 1 Tablespoon melted in a skillet over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink, 7 or 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Steam broccoli florets for 2 minutes; plunge in ice water to stop cooking. Drain.
- Whisk together cream of chicken soup and mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Combine chicken, rice, broccoli, 1 cup of shredded cheese, and soup mixture in a large bowl. Add to 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Top with remaining shredded cheese and corn flake crumbs. Dot with remaining butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings.