Quick and easy to make, these Spooky Spider Pops are perfect for your next Halloween Party! Kids, young and old will love these yummy treats.
The ingredients include chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, unsalted peanuts, chow mein noodles, M&M’s for the eyes, and lollipop sticks.
I added the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips to a microwave-safe bowl.
When you melt chocolate, you need to be very careful not to get it too hot. Therefore, I microwaved the chocolate/butterscotch chips on 50% power in 30-second increments. I stirred the chips after each 30-second increment to ensure that there were no hot spots. With my microwave (1100 W) it took about 2 minutes to melt the chips.
I added the peanuts and chow mein noodles to the melted chocolate/butterscotch, and stirred the mixture with a wooden spoon to thoroughly coat the peanuts and noodles.
I popped the Spooky Spider Pops into the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to harden.
These yummy Spooky Spider Pops are sure to be hit at your Halloween Party. Yum!
Here’s a quick video showing how to make these little treats!
- 1 cup 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 cup 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1 cup 4 ounces unsalted peanuts
- 2 cups 5 ounces chow mein noodles
- 24 red M&M's
- 24 yellow M&M's
- 24 lollipop sticks
- Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in microwave-safe bowl in 50% power in 30-second increments. Stir well after each 30 seconds.
- Add peanuts and chow mein noodles; stir well to coat peanuts and chow mein noodles.
- Position lollipop sticks on parchment paper or wax paper. Using 1-3/4 inch ice cream scoop, drop chow mein mixture onto top part of lollipop sticks; flatten slightly.
- Top with 2 M&M's for eyes.
- Refrigerate until hard, about 20 minutes.
- Yield: 24 Spooky Spider Pops.