If you’re looking for a perfect appetizer for your Mardi Gras themed party, look no further. Cajun Sausage Bites with Spicy Dipping Sauce are easy to make, and are kicked up a notch to satisfy your cravings. Bet you can’t eat just one!
Ingredients for Cajun Sausage Bites with Spicy Dipping Sauce:
I used the following ingredients: Mayonnaise, Creole mustard, ketchup, Cajun/Creole seasoning, fresh parsley, store-bought crescent roll dough, Andouille sausage cut into 1-inch pieces, and an egg.
Making the Spicy Dipping Sauce:
First, I made the spicy dipping sauce by combining the mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, Cajun/Creole seasoning, and minced parsley in a small bowl. Then, I refrigerated the sauce while I made the sausage bites.
Making the Cajun Sausage Bites:
The reason that I made these tasty morsels was that I had some store-bought crescent dough and Andouille sausage that needed to be used. First, I unrolled the crescent dough, on a lightly floured surface. Then, I cut each triangle of the crescent roll dough into 3 smaller triangles using a pizza cutter. I placed the sausage on the wide end of the crescent dough triangle, and rolled it up. I placed each sausage bite on a parchment lined baking sheet. When I had made all of the sausage bites, I brushed them with an egg wash.
I popped the Cajun Sausage Bites into a preheated 350° F oven for about 15 minutes until they were golden brown. When I removed them from the oven, I transferred the sausage bites to a paper towel lined plate.
After letting the Cajun Sausage Bites cool for about 5 minutes, I served them with the Spicy Dipping Sauce.
The Cajun Sausage Bites with Spicy Dipping Sauce had just the right amount of bite to them. They were amazing! Laissez les bons temps rouler – Yum!
Cajun Sausage Bites with Spicy Dipping Sauce
Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Cajun/Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley finely minced
Cajun Sausage Bites
- 1 8-ounce can Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough
- 12 ounce package Andouille sausage cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 egg plus 1 Tablespoon water for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Spicy Dipping Sauce: Combine mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, Cajun/Creole seasoning, and parsley in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cajun Sausage Bites: Unroll crescent roll dough. Cut each triangle of crescent roll dough into 3 smaller triangles. Place sausage on wide end of crescent dough triangle and roll until fully wrapped, exposing the cut ends. Place on prepared baking sheet; brush lightly with egg wash.
- Bake at 350° F until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer to paper towel lined plate. Allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with Spicy Dipping Sauce.
- Yield: 24 Cajun Sausage Bites with Spicy Dipping Sauce.