Chocolate Pecan Toffee Clusters use only 4 ingredients and are super easy to make. These highly addictive treats are the perfect edible Christmas gift for those on your Christmas list who have a sweet tooth.
Like the combination of chocolate and nuts? You should try my Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge with Peanuts. Total Yum!
Ingredients for Chocolate Pecan Toffee Clusters
I used the following ingredients for these amazing treats: Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers, semi-sweet chocolate chips, toasted pecan pieces, and Heath Bits Brickle Toffee Bits.
Making the Chocolate Pecan Toffee Clusters
First, I set a large bowl over a pan of simmering water. I made sure that the bottom of the bowl didn’t touch the water. Next, I added the melting wafers to the bowl, stirring occasionally. After 5 minutes, the melting wafers were almost melted.
Then, I added the chocolate chips to the white chocolate. The reason that I waited to add the chocolate chips was that they were much smaller than the melting wafers. Therefore, they would melt at a different rate than the melting wafers.
I stirred the mixture occasionally. After about 5 minutes, the chocolate chips were melted, and the mixture was velvety smooth.
Finally, I added the toasted pecans and the toffee bits.
I stirred the mixture together to ensure that both the pecans and the toffee bits were nicely covered with the chocolate.
I dropped the clusters on parchment paper using a tablespoon cookie scoop. Then, I allowed them to harden.
I ended up with 3 ½ dozen absolutely amazing Chocolate Pecan Toffee Clusters. They were so addictive that it was impossible to eat just one. Yum!
Chocolate Pecan Toffee Clusters
- 10 ounce package White Melting Wafers (See Note 1)
- 12 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) toasted pecans (See Note 2)
- ¾ cup toffee bits (See Note 3)
- Melt white melting waters in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add chocolate chips. Stir occasionally until melted, about 5 minutes. (See Note 4)
- Add pecans and toffee bits. Stir to combine.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper. (See Note 5)
- Allow clusters to harden. Store in airtight container for up to a week.
- Yield: 3 ½ dozen.
Chula's Expert Tips
- I used Ghiradelli White Melting Wafers.
- I always use toasted pecans in recipes. The reason is that the toasting brings out an amazing flavor. To easily toast pecans, spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350° F oven for 8 or 9 minutes. Watch carefully to ensure that the pecans don't over toast.
- I used Heath Bits o'Brickle Toffee Bits.
- The reason for adding the melting wafers and chocolate chips in stages was that the melting wafers are much larger than the chocolate chips. Therefore, I first added the melting wafers and allowed them to almost melt before adding the chocolate chips. The result was a perfectly velvety chocolate mixture.
- I used a tablespoon cookie scoop here. If you don't have a cookie scoop, you can use a regular tablespoon.