Chocolate Peanut Butter Meltaways are a perfect candy to make for gifts or to satisfy your sweet tooth. They take minutes to make, with the microwave doing most of the work. One bite and you’ll discover why they are called Meltaways – rich and creamy melt-in-your mouth goodness!
Making the Chocolate Peanut Butter Meltaways;
I wish that I could say that I created this recipe, but in all honesty, I adapted it from the Taste of Home recipe.
I started with only four ingredients which I added to a microwave-safe bowl: White chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, creamy peanut butter, and a bit of solid shortening.
Then, I covered the bowl, and microwaved the ingredients on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. After giving the mixture a good stir, I returned it uncovered to the microwave for another 30 seconds on high.
Next, I transferred the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a round tip. I had to be careful here because the mixture was quite liquidy. Previously, I had lined a mini-muffin pan with paper baking cups, so I piped the mixture into each of the cups.
Because I was making the candy for gifts, I topped each one with a holiday icing decoration. I popped the candy in the refrigerator to harden.
The Chocolate Peanut Butter Meltaways were incredible. They were rich and creamy, with the perfect blend of chocolate and peanut butter. Yum!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Meltaways
- 1 cup (6 ounces, 170 grams) white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces, 85 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (4.75 ounces, 135 grams) creamy peanut butter*
- 1 Tablespoon (0.5 ounces, 14 grams) solid shortening
- Line mini-muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds; stir. Microwave, uncovered, on high 30 seconds longer; stir until smooth.
- Pour into mini-muffin paper liners. Refrigerate until set.
- Store in the refrigerator or cool place.
- Yield: About 18 pieces.