What better way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo than with a quick and easy salsa that’s certain to please? This Cinco de Mayo Salsa is absolutely delicious, and can be used in numerous ways.
I used the following ingredients for the Cinco de Mayo Salsa: Canned whole tomatoes, onions, garlic, pickled jalapeño slices, lime juice, parsley, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
Making the Salsa
The most time-consuming part of making the salsa was the prep. First I drained the canned tomatoes, roughly chopped half of them, and left the other half whole. Then I diced the onion and peeled the garlic. Next I diced the jalapeño slices, cut the lime in half, and chopped the parsley.
I used the blender for the rest of the preparation. First I added the chopped tomato, onion, garlic, jalapeño, and lime juice to the blender. I processed it on a medium speed for 5 to 10 seconds until it was somewhat smooth.
Then I added the parsley, whole tomatoes, salt, and pepper to the blender. I processed the Salsa on medium speed for about 5 seconds. The reason that I added the tomatoes in two stages was that I like my Salsa a bit chunky.
I transferred the Salsa to a plastic bowl, covered and refrigerated it for at least an hour to allow the flavors to blend.
I served the Cinco de Mayo Salsa with Scoops, but any tortilla chip would work here.
Talk about good. Yum!
If you’re looking for more recipes for you Cinco de Mayo celebrations, check out my Cinco de Mayo Recipe Roundup. Or if you’re in the mood to try some different varieties of salsa check out my Restaurant Style Salsa, Salsa Verde, or Pico de Gallo.
I hope you liked this recipe for Cinco de Mayo Salsa as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Cinco de Mayo Salsa
- 28 ounce can whole tomatoes, drained and divided
- ½ medium onion (½ cup, 3 ounces, 85 grams) finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 - 3 Tablespoons (0.5-1.5 ounces) finely chopped pickled jalapeño slices*
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Salt try ¼ teaspoon to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper try ¼ teaspoon to taste
- Roughly chop half of the drained tomatoes; add to blender, along with the onions, garlic, jalapeño slices, and lime juice. Blend for about 5 to 10 seconds, until mixture is somewhat smooth.
- Add parsley, whole tomatoes, salt and pepper. Blend for another 5 seconds or until Salsa is the desired consistency. Correct seasonings.
- Transfer to non-reactive bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. Yield: 2-½ cups.