No Cinco de Mayo celebration would be complete without amazing Mexican food and drink. To help you celebrate this fun-filled day, Grits and Pinecones and I have partnered to showcase 39 of our best Mexican inspired recipes. This all-inclusive Cinco de Mayo Recipe Roundup takes you from spicy beginnings to delectable endings and everything in between. Happy Cinco de Mayo!
1. Taco Waffle Cones: Take your Cinco de Mayo celebrations to new heights with these tasty Taco Waffle Cones. The waffle cones are made with store-bought flour tortillas, and are ready to be loaded with your favorite taco fillings. Young and old will delight in these Taco Waffle Cones that are eaten like ice cream cones!
2. Easy Cheesy Mexican Rice with Chicken: Easy Cheesy Mexican Rice with Chicken is just in time for Cinco de Mayo. It’s an amazing one-pot meal with an incredible blend of flavors and textures. It makes a lot, so be prepared for yummy leftovers!
3. Best Ever Easy Southern Caviar Dip (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Best Ever Easy Southern Caviar Dip aka Texas Caviar, South Georgia Caviar, Lower Alabama Caviar, Cowboy Caviar, Hillbilly Caviar, Redneck Caviar, South Carolina Caviar, Southwest Black Bean Salad, Corn and Black Bean Salad, Black Bean and Corn Salsa, and Black-Eyed Pea Salad, the list goes on and on.
4. Ultimate Frozen Margarita: No Cinco de Mayo celebration would be complete without a Margarita. Take your festivities to the next level with this Ultimate Frozen Margarita. It’s made with fresh lime juice, and Grand Marnier rather than the standard Triple Sec. One sip and you’ll be hooked!
5. Easy Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Clocking in at less than 200 calories, these Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos are a delicious, light and easy dish that your family will love.
6. Pico de Gallo: Pico de Gallo is the perfect addition to your Cinco de Mayo festivities. This super simple condiment uses only a few fresh ingredients, but is huge on flavor. Use it to dress up tacos, burritos, quesadillas, nachos, taco salad, and more, for out of this world flavor.
7. Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones: If you are looking for an easy, quick, light, low-calorie, healthy and delicious entrée, check out my Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa recipe. This yummy dish would also be a perfect choice for a Cinco de Mayo party!
8. Mexican Wedding Cookies: Mexican Wedding Cookies, are served at most weddings and celebrations in Mexico, and are perfect for Cinco de Mayo. Known as Polvorones, these buttery confections are packed with a toasted pecans and dusted with confectioners’ sugar. They literally melt in your mouth and break into fine crumbs, leaving the extra crunch of the toasted pecans.
9. Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones: Slightly spicy, delicious make-ahead, Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas will be the “star of the show” if served to your family and friends on Cinco de Mayo.
10. Wonton Jalapeño Popper Bites: If you like jalapeño poppers, you’ll absolutely love Wonton Jalapeño Popper Bites. The wonton wraps are stuffed with an amazing filling and baked to crispy perfection. They’re super easy to make, and can be eaten hot, warm, or cold. What’s even better is that they can be made ahead of time, and reheated for 5 minutes before serving, making them perfect for your Cinco de Mayo Party!
11. Tasty Breakfast Quesadilla Wraps: Move over Taco Bell, there’s a new and better Breakfast Crunchwrap® wannabe in town! Tasty Breakfast Quesadilla Wraps are Oh So much better. Imagine melty cheese, crunchy hash browns, and scrambled eggs, topped with crispy bacon and Pico de Gallo wrapped in a flour tortilla and cooked to perfection! One bite and you’ll agree that there’s no comparison. What’s even better is that the Tasty Breakfast Quesadilla Wraps are super simple to make, and super simple to eat!
12. Enchiladas with Awesome Red Sauce: Enchiladas with Awesome Red Sauce – the name says it all! The enchiladas start with a spicy meat mixture wrapped in a tortilla shell. Then, they’re topped with an incredible red sauce, onions and cheese, and baked to bubbling perfection.
13. Mexican Jalapeño Cornbread (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): If you liked my Old-Fashioned Southern Cornbread, I know you will love this recipe for spicy Mexican Jalapeño Cornbread.
14. Instant Pot Mexican Smashed Pinto Beans: Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner. I thought that the best way to celebrate the countdown was to focus on some of my favorite Mexican recipes. My Smashed Pinto Beans made in my Instant Pot are at the top of my list!
15. Avocado Lime Chicken Enchiladas (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Yummy Avocado Lime Chicken Enchiladas are filled with shredded Mexican seasoned chicken, lots of melty Monterey Jack cheese and then topped with a sumptuous avocado-lime sauce. Olé!
16. Easy Frozen Cranberry Margarita (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): I have the perfect Cinco de Mayo cocktail to kick off your festivities, Easy Frozen Cranberry Margaritas! Not only are they a beautiful rosy color, but they are delicious and oh so easy to make.
17. Tasty Taco Cups: Tasty taco filling layered with melted cheese in crispy wonton wrappers makes the perfect appetizer. What’s even better is that they’re super easy to make and just as yummy made ahead of time and reheated!
18. Easy Cheesy Hot Corn Dip (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): With a name like Easy Cheesy Hot Corn Dip, you would think that this delicious dip would be full of yummy corn and cheesy goodness, and you would be right!
19. Turkey Chili: Turkey Chili is a perfect dish to serve for Cinco de Mayo. It’s easy to make, and spicy to taste. Top it with cheddar cheese, or mound it on lettuce for an awesome taco salad. What’s even better is that it makes incredible leftovers!
20. Beef Taco Salad with Avocado Cilantro-Lime Dressing (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Have you ever wondered how to make a taco salad that is both delicious and healthy? How about my Beef Taco Salad with Avocado Cilantro-Lime Dressing? Are you looking for a quick and easy taco salad with a yummy dressing recipe that your family will love? How about my Beef Taco Salad with Avocado Lime Dressing? Yes on both counts! You are definitely in the right place!
21. Cheesy Salsa Dip in a Bread Bowl: Cheesy Salsa Dip in a Bread Bowl is an amazing appetizer to serve at your Cinco de Mayo celebration. You will absolutely love the blending of flavors and the taste. You can serve it with tortilla chips, fresh veggies, toasted bread cubes, etc. It’s a snap to put together, and can be made ahead of time. Olé!
22. Fish Taco Bowls with Green Apple and Guacamole (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): If you like grilled fish tacos, you will love my healthy, low-calorie, quick and easy Grilled Fish Taco Bowl with Green Apple and Guacamole for lunch or dinner!
23. Tasty 7 Layer Quesadilla Wrap: If you like the Crunchwrap Supreme from a local fast food chain, then you’ll absolutely love this Tasty 7 Layer Quesadilla Wrap. While it’s somewhat of a copycat, it’s so much better. Tasty 7 Layer Quesadilla Wrap is not at all doughy, and you can actually taste the yummy ingredients!
24. Shrimp Tacos with Mango Slaw (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Sautéed sweet, briny fresh shrimp with a spicy, healthy, slaw with mango, tomato, and avocado, well it just doesn’t get much more delicious than this!
25. Simple Tequila Sunrise for Cinco de Mayo: Tequila Sunrise is a classic cocktail that’s as tasty to imbibe as it is pretty to look at. It only contains three basic ingredients and is perfect for your Cinco de Mayo celebration.
26. Mexican Chopped Salad with Honey Lime Dressing (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Mexican Chopped Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing is one of our favorite salads and I serve it often, especially when we have company. This Mexican Chopped Salad is full of all things healthy and good for you, and the honey-lime dressing is sweet, spicy and simply amazing!
27. Ultimate Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Ultimate Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas are spicy, incredibly yummy, and a great make-ahead dish for a festive dinner party or a casual weeknight meal.
28. Easy Cheesy Nacho Casserole: If you like nachos, you’ll absolutely love this Easy Cheesy Nacho Casserole. I made it with a delicious spicy meat mixture with rice, two cheeses and sour cream. Then, I finished it off with additional cheese, tortilla chips, and an incredible nacho cheese sauce! It’s not only easy to make, but also can be made ahead of time and produces awesome leftovers.
29. Easy Tequila Lime Chicken Enchiladas (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Easy Tequila Lime Chicken Enchiladas – doesn’t just hearing the name make you hungry? Well, wait until you taste this delicious, easy chicken enchiladas casserole, you will become a believer!
30. Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken and Shrimp: Who doesn’t love tender juicy chicken and succulent shrimp? Add a delicious tequila lime marinade and the flavor of grilling, and you have a perfect meal for Cinco de Mayo!
31. Skillet Macho Nachos (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): The nice thing about nachos is that you can add or change ingredients according to your taste. Swap the ground chuck for chicken, and you have chicken nachos. Leave the meat out altogether, and you still have nachos. I think the only rule for nachos is that you have to have tortilla chips and cheese. The rest is up to you!
32. Easy Spicy Sausage Queso Dip: Ready in minutes, and made with real cheese, Easy Spicy Sausage Queso Dip is a real crowd pleaser. This dip thickens as it cools, but doesn’t become hard like other cheese based dips. It’s amazing with tortilla chips and spread on French bread or crackers.
33. Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Tacos (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Are you looking for an easy Pulled Pork Taco recipe? Would you like to know how to use your slow cooker to make a delicious, juicy and flavorful pulled pork that can be used in a multitude of recipes?
34. Restaurant Style Salsa (with Video): There are not too many things that are as easy to make and as delicious to serve as Restaurant Style Salsa. It takes minutes to make and can be as mild or as hot as you choose. Once you’ve tasted this homemade salsa, you’ll never reach for the store-bought kind again!
35. Baked Bacon Ranch Jalapeño Poppers (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Baked Bacon Ranch Jalapeño Poppers are a delicious and I must say one of my favorite recipes for jalapeño poppers. These Baked Bacon Ranch Jalapeño Poppers are also one of the easiest jalapeño snacks to make and a perfect Cinco de Mayo appetizer.
36. Mini Antojitos: Antojitos means “little cravings”. It is typically sold as Mexican street food to be eaten at other than a main meal. If you serve Mini Antojitos as an appetizer, be prepared for them to literally fly off the plate. What’s even better – they can be made ahead of time, frozen, and reheated.
37. Frijoles Negros Rotos (a.k.a. Smashed Black Beans): Frijoles Negros Rotos are also known as Smashed Black Beans. They are not only delicious on their own, but also outstanding in black bean dip and in quesadillas. As an added bonus, the Smashed Black Beans are super easy to make.
38. Chicken Enchiladas with Red Chili Sauce: If you’re looking for a perfect dish to serve for your Cinco de Mayo celebration, look no further. Chicken Enchiladas with Red Chili Sauce is easy to make, and absolutely delicious to eat!
39. Fresh Sweet Corn Salsa: Fresh Sweet Corn Salsa is the perfect marriage of the sweetness of corn and tartness of lime juice. What better way to use fresh vegetables in an amazing salsa that will compliment your Cinco de Mayo feast?
With this Cinco de Mayo Recipe Roundup, you have everything that you need for your perfect Cinco de Mayo celebration. Olé!
This incredible Cinco de Mayo Recipe Roundup was first posted on April 29, 2018. This repost includes additional photos and recipes, along with many of the delicious recipes from the April 29 post.
WOW what a Cinco de Mayo collection of wonderful recipes