Wow your friends with these adorable and easy to prepare Cornucopia Halloween Treats. They’re great for kids and adults alike! These little cornucopias can be filled with all sorts of munchies, and can do double duty as Thanksgiving approaches.
Want something similar to this for Christmas? You should definitely try my Holiday Cornucopia Treats!
For the Halloween Cornucopia Treats, I used Keebler Sugar cones. However, I would recommend against using waffle cones – they’re much more difficult to work with, and don’t form as nice a cornucopia. I filled these little gems with Mellowcreme Autumn Mix Candy, but you could use whatever strikes your fancy.
Making the Cornucopia Halloween Treats
First, I dipped a straw in some warm water, held the end to trap the water, and released the water into the cone.
Then, I dipped the cone in about 2½-inches of warm water for 30 seconds. I tried different amounts of water, starting with 1-inch, but 2½-inches proved optimal.
Next, I poured the water out of the cone, and microwaved it for 30 seconds on high power. This softened the end of the cone, making it easy to produce the characteristic curl at the end of the cornucopia. Next, I used my fingers to curl the end. I held it there for about 30 seconds, until the cone retained its new shape. I repeated the process with the rest of the cones. When all of the cones had been curled, I then put them into a 250° F oven for 25 minutes. This allowed the ends to dry out.
I filled each of the cornucopias with the candy. Then, I covered the end with a piece of plastic, secured the plastic with a rubber band, and tied on some ribbon to give the Cornucopia Halloween Treats a decorative look!
That’s it! Now you can wow your friends with this adorable and easy to prepare Halloween treat! Use your imagination to fill these little cornucopias with munchies of your choice. Yum!
If you would like some more Halloween sweets, you should try these amazing recipes:
- Halloween Push Pops
- Spooktacular Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Treats
- Spooky Spider Pops
- Monster Munch
- Halloween Nutella Cinnamon Roll Ring
- Halloween Kettle Corn
I hope you liked this recipe for Cornucopia Halloween Treats as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, ever your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Cornucopia Halloween Treats
- Sugar cones do not use waffle cones
- Mellowcreme Autumn Mix Candy or munchies of your choice
- Dip straw into water. Hold finger on end to trap water; release water into cone.
- Dip cone in 2-1/2 inches of warm water for 30 seconds. Pour water out of inside of cone. Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Carefully curl end into cornucopia shape. Hold for about 30 seconds until end holds its shape.
- Repeat with remaining cones.
- Dry cornucopias in 250° F oven for 25 minutes; allow to cool.
- Fill cornucopias with Autumn Mix Candy or munchies of your choice
- Cover candy with piece of plastic; secure with rubber band and tie with ribbon to decorate.
- Yield: As many Cornucopia Halloween Treats as you want to make!