Quick and Easy Coleslaw is full of tasty goodness, with the perfect blend of sweet and sour. It’s consistently amazing and goes well with so many dishes. What’s even better is that the food processor does most of the work.
Why You Should Make This Recipe
If you want a super quick and easy salad, you should definitely make this recipe.
- Versatile: Coleslaw is a perfect side dish for your barbecue or fish fry. In fact, I made the coleslaw to go with my Easy Instant Pot Pulled Pork. Double Yum!
- Make Ahead: This recipe takes minutes to make and can be refrigerated for later on when your meal is ready.
- Inexpensive: The ingredients needed to make this awesome recipe are inexpensive and readily available at your supermarket.
- Leftovers: The taste of this coleslaw improves as the flavors meld together. Therefore, leftovers are just as good, if not better the next day.
What You’ll Need For This Recipe
This recipe uses ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
- The Coleslaw Dressing: For the coleslaw dressing, you’ll need mayonnaise, granulated sugar, apple cider vinegar, dry mustard, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- The Vegetables: For the vegetables, you’ll need cabbage, carrots, celery and onions.
This Is How To Make the Coleslaw Dressing
The coleslaw dressing is quick and easy to make.
All you need to do is to whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, dry mustard, salt and pepper. I usually do this in a measuring cup to make pouring the dressing a bit easier.
This Is How To Make The Coleslaw
Once the coleslaw dressing is made, it’s time to put the coleslaw together.
- First, you’ll need to shred the cabbage, carrots, celery and onions. I like to use my food processor to do this. You could also use a box grater if you don’t have a food processor.
- Then, you’ll need to transfer the shredded vegetables to a large bowl.
- Next, pour the coleslaw dressing on the shredded vegetables.
- Once you’ve poured the dressing on the shredded vegetables, all you need to do is to stir everything together.
Once the vegetables are well coated with the dressing, cover and refrigerate the coleslaw.
After a couple of hours in the refrigerator, the flavors will have melded together, and you’ll have an amazing Quick and Easy Coleslaw. Yum!
Frequently Asked Questions
Basic green cabbage is used in this recipe.
Red cabbage is both delicious and striking in this recipe. You can use only red cabbage or a combination of red and green cabbage.
The coleslaw dressing in this recipe is creamy and a combination of sweet and tart. The sweet is provided by the sugar and the tart is provided by the apple cider vinegar.
One source suggests that the term coleslaw comes from the Dutch expressing “koosla” which means cabbage salad.
If covered and refrigerated, coleslaw will retain its crunch and be good for 3 to 4 days.
This coleslaw is somewhat similar to KFC coleslaw but is not a copycat. KFC coleslaw doesn’t include celery and includes less onion. Also, KFC coleslaw tends to be more finely grated. Finally, the dressing ingredients, while similar in taste are not the same.
If you’d prefer a different salad for your barbecue, try my amazing Southern Potato Salad with a Twist.
Watch My Web Story
This delicious Quick and Easy Coleslaw recipe was first posted on April 1, 2017. The repost includes updated text, new photographs, and a Web Story showing how the coleslaw is made!
I hope you liked this recipe for Quick and Easy Coleslaw as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Quick and Easy Coleslaw
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Dash of salt
Quick and Easy Coleslaw
- 1 small head green cabbage, shredded (See Tip 1)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 stalks celery, shredded
- 1 medium onion, peeled and shredded
- Coleslaw dressing from above
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, dry mustard, salt and pepper in a 2-cup measuring cup or small bowl. Whisk well to blend. Set aside
Quick and Easy Coleslaw
- Shred cabbage, carrots, celery and onion in food processor using the larger shredding disk. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Pour coleslaw dressing over vegetables; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate. (See Tip 2)
- Yield: 6 servings. (See Tip 3)
Chula’s Expert Tips
- May substitute red cabbage for the green cabbage or use a combination of green and red cabbage.
- The coleslaw is best if refrigerated for several hours before serving.
- This coleslaw will stay crunchy for several days if covered and refrigerated.
Leave a Reply