Easy Cheesy Sausage Balls are a perfect appetizer. With only three ingredients, these little gems have it all. They’re super simple to make, taste incredible warm or at room temperature, freeze beautifully, and are just as good reheated. Who could ask for more?
The first time that I took these to a family holiday gathering, they were really an afterthought. I always take stuffed mushrooms (stay tuned!) which use, among other ingredients, a half pound of Jimmy Dean hot sausage. To use up the other half pound I thought, what about sausage cheese balls? I hadn’t made them in years, but remembered how good they were and how easy they were to make.
Ingredients for Easy Cheesy Sausage Balls:
The three ingredients for these Easy Cheesy Sausage Balls are Bisquick, sausage, and shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese. Since I only had a half a pound of the sausage, I cut the recipe in half.
First, for the easy part I used my food processor to do most of the work. I broke the sausage up a bit, and put it, along with the Bisquick in the food processor fitted with the steel blade. Then, I processed the mixture for around 15 seconds, or until the sausage and Bisquick were thoroughly combined.
Next, I added the shredded cheddar cheese, and processed the mixture for another 15 seconds or so until it resembled a very thick dough.
After that, I used my 2-teaspoon (1-1/8 inch) ice cream scoop to partition out the individual pieces. Then, I rolled each piece into a ball and placed it on a non-stick aluminum foil lined baking sheet with sides.
Finally, I baked the Easy Cheesy Sausage Balls for 25 minutes in a 350° F oven until they were golden brown, and perfectly cooked. When I removed the sausage cheese balls from the oven, I transferred them to a paper towel lined baking sheet to absorb any grease.
I ended up with 4-dozen incredibly tasty Easy Cheesy Sausage Balls (remember that this is only half a recipe.) Did I mention that they freeze and reheat beautifully? Yum!
If you liked the recipe for Easy Cheesy Sausage Balls, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, ever your email address in the Subscribe box. Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
- 1/2 pound (8-ounces) Jimmy Dean Hot sausage
- 1 cup (5-ounces) Bisquick
- 2 cups (8-ounces) extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with sides with non-stick aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Add sausage and Bisquick to the bowl of a food processor, fitted with a steel blade. Process for 10 to 15 seconds, or until mixture is well combined. Add shredded cheddar cheese, and process another 15 seconds or until the cheese is well incorporated into the sausage/Bisquick mixture.
- Using a 2-teaspoon ice cream scoop, partition dough into balls about the size of a quarter. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 4 dozen.
Note: May be frozen, and reheated at 350° F for 5 minutes, or until heated through.