Marinated Cheese is an appetizer that is sure to Wow your guests. It has alternating layers of sharp Cheddar cheese and cream cheese, topped with an incredible marinade. Marinated cheese is a snap to make, and is awesome to serve.
Making the Appetizer:
I used the following ingredients for this delicious appetizer: Extra sharp Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and marinade. For the marinade, I used olive oil, white wine vinegar, fresh parsley, green onions, granulated sugar, dried basil, salt, freshly ground black pepper, garlic, and diced pimientos.
First, I made the marinade by combining all of the marinade ingredients in a jar, screwing on the lid, and giving it a good shake.
Then, I cut the cheddar cheese and cream cheese in half length-wise. Next, I cut the cheese into ¼-inch slices.
After that, I alternated the cheese slices in a container and spooned the marinade on top.
I covered the container and refrigerated the marinated cheese overnight to allow the flavors to blend together. I served the marinated cheese with crackers. My friend William was the first to sample this delicious appetizer. Yum!
I hope you liked this recipe for Marinated Cheese as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 ounce jar diced pimiento, drained (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 8 ounce block extra sharp Cheddar cheese, chilled
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, chilled
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake vigorously. Set marinade aside.
- Cut block of cheddar cheese in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into ¼-inch thick slices; set aside. Repeat procedure with the cream cheese. Stand cheese slices on edge in a shallow dish, alternating types of cheese. Pour marinade over cheese. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator an hour or so before serving to allow the oil to come to room temperature. Transfer rows of marinated cheese to a serving platter in the same alternating fashion, reserving marinade. Spoon marinade over cheese slices. Serve with assorted crackers. Yield: 16 appetizers.