Sausage and Pepperoni pizza wrap is a quick and hassle-free way to satisfy your pizza craving. This easy-to-make recipe combines the ease of a flour tortilla instead of pizza dough with your favorite pizza fillings. It is perfect for busy weeknights, quick lunches, game day celebrations, or afternoon snacks. It is certain to please even your pickiest eater.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Simple To Make: This recipe takes minutes to put together and is a perfect way to satisfy your pizza cravings.
- Delicious: This wrap is packed with flavor from Italian sausage, pepperoni, pizza sauce, and melty cheese.
- Versatile: You can customize this wrap to your liking by adding different fillings, such as onions, peppers, mushrooms, or olives.
- Portable: This wrap is perfect for eating on the go because it’s easy to hold and eat with your hands, making it a fun and creative way to eat pizza.
Ingredients – Here’s What You’ll Need
This recipe uses a handful of simple ingredients.
- The pizza crust: Instead of the regular pizza dough for the crust, I used a 10-inch flour tortilla.
- The pizza sauce: I used store-bought pizza sauce in this delicious wrap. You could also use homemade pizza sauce or marinara sauce.
- The meat filling: I used a combination of cooked and drained Italian sausage and mini pepperonis. I could have also used turkey pepperoni or regular pepperoni slices.
- The cheese: I used shredded mozzarella cheese. Sometimes, I’ll add some freshly grated parmesan cheese for added flavor.
Steps To Building This Delicious Pizza Wrap
- Once I had assembled the ingredients, I started by making a single cut from the center of the flour tortilla to one edge.
- Then, I spread the pizza sauce on the flour tortilla, leaving about an inch from the edges.
- After that, I placed the Italian sausage on the first quadrant of the tortilla to the right of the slice.
- Next, I placed the shredded mozzarella cheese on the second and third quadrants of the tortilla.
- Finally, I added the mini pepperoni to the fourth quadrant.
- I folded the sausage quadrant over the mozzarella cheese and the pepperoni quadrant over the mozzarella cheese. Then, I folded the pizza wrap in half.
Cooking the Pizza Wrap
After I folded the pizza wrap, I added it to a skillet that I had brushed with olive oil. I cooked the pizza wrap over medium heat for about three minutes until it was golden brown on one side.
I turned the pizza wrap and cooked the other side for another three minutes.
I transferred the cooked pizza wrap to a cutting board and cut it in half.
I served the pizza wrap with a light salad and extra pizza sauce on the side.
The Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Wrap was perfectly cooked with its golden brown exterior and the melted cheese inside.
So next time you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, try making this amazing sausage and pepperoni pizza wrap using a flour tortilla. You won’t be disappointed! Yum!
Frequently Asked Questions
Feel free to use store-bought pre-shredded cheese in this recipe or shred your own. Either works well.
You can use either sweet or mild Italian sausage in this recipe. You can also use hot Italian sausage. It’s a matter of preference.
I like to use mini pepperoni when I make this pizza wrap. You could also use sliced pepperoni or turkey pepperoni. It’s a matter of preference.
The pizza wrap can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. To reheat the wrap, microwave for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- I’ve experimented a lot with the best way to add the ingredients to the tortilla, and what I described above tends to be the best way. The main reason is that the cheese layers are on the outside of the wrap. This is the best way to ensure melty cheese in the wrap.
- I wanted to ensure that I started in the center when I made the single cut in the tortilla. To do this, I folded the tortilla in half and then in half again. Then, I pinched the point to mark the center.
- I generally prefer to shred my own cheese instead of pre-shredded cheese. However, in this recipe, either type of shredded cheese will work.
Other Delicious Pizza-Inspired Recipes
If you are a pizza lover, you should check out these delicious recipes.
I hope you liked the Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Wrap recipe as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Wrap
- 10 inch flour tortilla
- 1 ½ Tablespoons pizza sauce
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Italian sausage, cooked, crumbled, and drained
- 2 Tablespoons mini pepperoni
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- Make a single cup from the center of the flour tortilla to one edge. Then spread pizza sauce on the flour tortilla, leaving about an inch from the edge.
- Place the Italian sausage in the first quadrant of the tortilla pizza to the right of the cut in the tortilla. Add the shredded mozzarella cheese to the tortilla's second and third quadrant. Finally, add the mini pepperoni in the fourth quadrant of the tortilla.
- Fold the sausage quadrant over the mozzarella cheese in the second quadrant of the tortilla. Then, fold the pepperoni quadrant over the mozzarella cheese in the third quadrant of the tortilla. Finally, fold the filled tortilla in half.
- Heat a skillet, brushed with olive oil, over medium heat. Add the pizza wrap and brush with olive oil. Cook until golden brown, two to three minutes. Turn the pizza wrap and cook for two to three minutes until golden brown on the other side.
- Remove from the skillet. Cut in half and serve with extra pizza sauce on the side.
- Yield: One Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Wrap