Almond Craisin Granola is filled with healthy ingredients. This delicious granola is a perfect addition to your Mother’s Day brunch.
Ingredients for Almond Craisin Granola
I used the following ingredients: Honey, brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt, vegetable oil, old- fashioned rolled oats, chopped almonds, and Craisins.
First, I whisked the honey, brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt together in a large bowl. Then I added the oil and whisked the mixture together. Finally, I added the oats, and almonds to the honey/brown sugar mixture. I used a spatula to mix everything together until well coated. Then, I dumped the granola mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and spread it out to cover the entire pan. As a final step, I pressed the mixture with a potato masher.
I baked the granola in a preheated 325° F oven for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, the granola was golden brown. I allowed the mixture to sit for an hour. Then I lifted it with a spatula, broke it into large chunks, and placed in a large bowl. Next, I added the Craisins, and carefully blended the granola with a wooden spoon.
I ended up with about 9 cups of incredible Almond Craisin Granola. Yum!
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups raw almonds chopped coarse
- 2 cups Craisins or other dried fruit, chopped
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 325° F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk honey, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in large bowl. Whisk in oil. Fold in oats and almonds until thoroughly coated.
- Transfer oat mixture to prepared baking sheet and spread across sheet into thin, even layer (about 3/8-inch thick). Using stiff metal spatula or potato masher, compress oat mixture until very compact. Bake until lightly browned, 40 to 45 minutes, rotating pan once halfway through baking.
- Remove granola from oven and cool on wire rack to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Break cooled granola into pieces of desired size. Stir in dried fruit.Granola can be stored in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Yield: 9 cups.