Simple and refreshingly decadent, these Greek Yogurt Fudge Pops are sure to please on hot summer days.
And talk about hot! The Master Taste Tester and I just returned from a trip to the Lake District in the northwest part of England where the temperatures averaged in the mid-60’s during the day, and the low to mid-50’s at night. Before landing in Atlanta, the captain announced that the weather was partly cloudy and 98° F. I thought that I was going to faint when I got off the plane!
I remembered seeing an incredible post of Mixed Berry and Yogurt Popsicles from my sister’s Grits and Pinecones blog, and decided that as soon as I could, I was going to try my hand at making some sort of popsicle. I enlisted Susan’s help in deciding what I should try first. These Greek Yogurt Fudge Pops from Baker by Nature were at the top of the list.
These delicious Greek Yogurt Fudge Pops only contain four ingredients: Semi-sweet chocolate chips, chocolate milk, vanilla extract, and Vanilla Greek Yogurt.
Making the Fudge Pops
To make the Greek Yogurt Fudge Pops, I started by melting the chocolate chips. I then added the chocolate milk and brought the mixture to a simmer.
I let the mixture cool for about five minutes before adding the vanilla extract and the yogurt.
Then I stirred everything together and poured the mixture into a wire strainer set over a measuring cup. I was actually surprised at how many bits were still unmelted.
I added the strained mixture to individual pop molds and placed the pops in the freezer to harden.
My popsicle molds are smallish, only holding about 3 ounces each. With the amount of the mixture that didn’t make it through the strainer, I managed to get five incredibly decadent Greek Yogurt Fudge Pops. Yum!
I hope you liked this recipe for Greek Yogurt Fudge Pops as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Greek Yogurt Fudge Pops (inspired by Baker by Nature)
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chocolate milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt (Full-fat recommended for creamiest results)
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the chocolate chips, stirring constantly, until completely melted. Add the chocolate milk; increase the heat to medium. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes. Add vanilla and yogurt; mix well until completely smooth. Place a fine-mesh strainer over a large measuring cup and pour the chocolate mixture through the strainer. Pour the strained chocolate liquid into the popsicle molds; top with drip guard/sticks. Freeze for 5 hours or until hard. To un-mold, run under warm water. Yield: Five 3-ounce pops.*
- *Note: For large pop molds, e.g., 6-ounce, double the recipe.