With the hot weather approaching, what better way to cool off than these delicious Strawberries and Cream Popsicles? They’re made with creamy vanilla Greek Yogurt and swirls of fresh strawberry purée. Their bright and refreshing flavors are a perfect treat on a hot summer day.
In addition to vanilla Greek Yogurt and fresh strawberries, I used whole milk, honey, lemon juice, and vanilla extract for these delicious popsicles.
The most time-consuming part of making these treats was roasting the strawberries. I know that this might sound odd, but the roasting concentrates the flavors. I cut the strawberries in half, placed them in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with non-stick aluminum foil, and roasted them at 400° F for 25 minutes. Half way through, I gave the strawberries a stir.
After allowing the strawberries to cool for a bit, I put them in the blender and pulsed it several times. I wanted some chunks to remain in the purée. Then I whisked together the yogurt, milk, honey, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a measuring cup. The reason that I used a measuring cup was that I wanted to be able to easily pour the mixture into the popsicle molds.
To fill the popsicle molds, I put a Tablespoon of strawberry purée into the mold, filled it about half-way up with the cream mixture, added a teaspoon of the strawberry purée, and filled it to the top with the cream mixture. I took a knife and swirled the mixture once or twice to better distribute the strawberry purée. I placed the popsicle stick into the mold, and placed the Strawberries and Cream Popsicles in the freezer.
I ended up with five perfect little treats for the hot July days. Yum!
If you’re looking for some more yummy treats that use fresh strawberries, check out my 3-Ingredient Strawberry Smoothie or Strawberry Ice Cream. If you’d like to try another popsicle made with Greek yogurt, try these Greek Yogurt Fudge Pops.
I hope you liked this recipe for Strawberries and Cream Popsicles as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, ever your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Strawberries and Cream Popsicles
- 1 pint (2 cups) fresh strawberries, stemmed and halved
- ¾ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Popsicle molds
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil. Place the strawberries onto the baking sheet; roast for 25 minutes, stirring half way.
- Allow the strawberries to cool for 10 minutes. Place in blender; pulse 2 to 3 times, or enough so the strawberries become puréed but some chunks remain.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients yogurt, milk, honey, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Place 1 Tablespoon of strawberry purée into the popsicle mold. Fill the mold half-way up with the cream mixture. Add 1 teaspoon of the strawberry purée. Fill mold to the top with the cream mixture.
- Using a knife, make several swirls through the purée/cream mixture. Fit with popsicle stick. Repeat with remaining molds.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Yield: 5 (3-ounce) popsicles.