You get home late from work, and the question is “What’s for dinner?” You open the refrigerator and see wonton wrappers, leftover ricotta cheese, leftover meat sauce, and shredded mozzarella cheese. The answer is clear – these absolutely delicious Lasagna Cups!
As I just indicated, these little morsels contain only four basic ingredients, plus a little olive oil. I used wonton wrappers, ricotta cheese, meat sauce, and shredded mozzarella cheese. For the meat sauce, I used my delicious Bolognese Sauce.
To make the Lasagna Cups, I first brushed the muffin cups with the olive oil. I was going to just spray the cups with vegetable spray, but mine had gone off. The brushed olive oil worked just as well.
Then I started building the Lasagna Cups. First, I pressed the wonton wrappers into the muffin cups. This was followed by some ricotta cheese (home-made of course), some meat sauce (also home-made), and shredded mozzarella cheese. I repeated the process with wonton wrappers turned 90 degrees, ricotta cheese, meat sauce, and mozzarella cheese. What could be easier?
Into a 375°F oven the Lasagna Cups went for about 15 minutes, until the cheese was melted and the wonton wrappers were golden brown. I removed the Lasagna Cups from the oven and let them cool for about 10 minutes before removing them from the muffin pan.
Talk about good! I served the Lasagna Cups with some steamed vegetables. All through dinner, the Master Taste Tester kept saying “these are really good!” Another success. Yum!
I hope you liked this recipe for Lasagna Cups as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, ever your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup ricotta cheese preferably home-made
- 2 cups meat sauce preferably home-made
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Brush muffin cups with olive oil.
- Layer Lasagna Cups as follows: Wonton wrapper, 2 teaspoons ricotta cheese; 1 Tablespoon meat sauce; mozzarella cheese; wonton wrapper turned 90 degrees; 2 teaspoons ricotta cheese; 1 Tablespoon meat sauce; mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted and wonton wrapper is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool at least 10 minutes.
- Remove Lasagna Cups from muffin cups and serve.
- Yield: 4 servings.