Honey Cornbread Muffins are slightly sweet and over-the-top delicious. They’re neither the traditional southern cornbread nor the traditional northern cornbread. Rather, they borrow from both venues where the honey provides the perfect amount of sweetness to these moist corn bread muffins.
Ingredients for Honey Cornbread Muffins
I used the following ingredients for these awesome Honey Cornbread Muffins that I adapted from a recipe on Food Network: Cornmeal, all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, fine sea salt, unsalted butter, milk, eggs, and honey.
Because it’s just the two of us, I only made half the recipe. In retrospect, I should have made the full recipe and frozen want we didn’t eat for a later time.
Making the Honey Cornbread Muffins
First, I whisked together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
Next, I whisked together the melted butter, milk, egg, and honey in a large measuring cup. The reason that I used the measuring cup was to make it easier to pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
After that, I added the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Because the milk and the egg were cold, the butter tended to solidify a bit. This, however, was not a problem at all.
I stirred the ingredients together just until they were combined.
I sprayed the wells of my muffin pan with a non-stick spray. Then, I divided the batter among the wells of the muffin pan using a large ice cream scoop.
I baked the Honey Cornbread Muffins in a preheated 400° F oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, the Honey Cornbread Muffins were golden brown and perfectly cooked.
The Honey Cornbread Muffins were incredibly moist with just the right amount of sweetness. They were totally awesome. Yum!
Honey Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup (5.5 ounces) yellow cornmeal (See Note 1)
- 1 cup (5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1.75 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 4 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (3 ounces) honey
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray wells of muffin pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together melted butter, milk, eggs, and honey.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; stir just until incorporated.
- Evenly divide cornbread muffin batter among wells of muffin pan. (See Note 2)
- Bake in preheated 400° F oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from muffin pan and cool on wire rack.
- Yield: 12 Honey Cornbread Muffins.
Chula's Expert Tips
- I used Quaker yellow cornmeal.
- I used a large ice cream scoop to divide the batter among the wells of the muffin pan.