Tartar sauce is a traditional accompaniment to fried seafood. It’s quick and easy to prepare, and only requires a handful of ingredients. I’ve been making this tartar sauce for years. It never disappoints!
Making the Quick and Easy Traditional Tartar Sauce:
I used the following ingredients: Mayonnaise, sweet relish, capers, minced onion, parsley, lemon juice, and hot sauce.
I added all of the ingredients to a bowl, and stirred to combine everything.
Then, I transferred the tartar sauce to a plastic bowl, covered it and put it in the refrigerator for the flavors to meld. That’s it! An absolutely delicious tartar sauce for fish and chips, fried shrimp, etc. Yum!
I hope you liked the Quick and Easy Traditional Tartar Sauce as much as we do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, ever your email address in the Subscribe box. Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (5.38 ounces, 153 grams)
- 2 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tablespoon capers drained
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash of hot sauce
- Combine all ingredients, stirring well.
- Cover and chill several hours before serving.
- Yield: 1 cup.