Tartar Sauce is a traditional accompaniment to fried seafood. It’s quick and easy to prepare, and only requires a handful of ingredients. I’ve been making this tartar sauce for years for Fried Shrimp, Fish and Chips, Shrimp Po’ Boy, and other seafood delicacies. It never disappoints!
I used the following ingredients: Mayonnaise, sweet relish, capers, minced onion, parsley, lemon juice, and hot sauce.
Making the Quick and Easy Traditional Tartar Sauce:
I added all of the ingredients to a bowl, and stirred to combine everything.
Then, I transferred it to a plastic bowl, covered it and put it in the refrigerator for the flavors to meld. That’s it! An absolutely delicious tartar sauce for Fried Shrimp, Fish and Chips, Shrimp Po’ Boy, and other seafood delicacies. Yum!
I hope you liked this recipe for Quick and Easy Traditional Tarter Sauce as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, ever your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Quick and Easy Traditional Tartar Sauce
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise (5.38 ounces, 153 grams)
- 2 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tablespoon capers drained
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, stirring well.
- Cover and chill several hours before serving.
- Yield: 1 cup.