Craving that creamy, tangy blue cheese kick without the store-bought guilt? Look no further than this Quick and Easy Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing recipe! Whip up a batch in under 15 minutes with simple ingredients you likely already have on hand.
This flavorful dressing is perfect for salads, wings, dips, and even burgers. It’s bursting with bold blue cheese taste, balanced by a touch of creaminess and acidity. Plus, you can customize it to your liking with different cheeses, herbs, and spices.
Why You’ll Want To Make Quick And Easy Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- Fresh and Flavorful: Store-bought dressings often contain preservatives and fillers that can dull the flavor. Homemade dressing uses fresh ingredients, resulting in a brighter, more nuanced blue cheese taste.
- Quick and Easy: Whip up a batch in under 15 minutes, perfect for busy weeknights.
- Customization is King: Don’t like strong blue cheese? Use a milder variety. Craving a spicy kick? Add some sriracha. Want a chunky texture? Crumble in more cheese. The beauty lies in tailoring the flavor to your exact preferences.
- Not just for salads: Use it as a dip for veggies, wings, or even chips. Drizzle it over burgers, steaks, or baked potatoes for an instant flavor upgrade. It’s a versatile condiment waiting to be explored!
Ingredients – Here’s What You’ll Need
- Buttermilk: perfectly complements the richness of blue cheese and mellows its intensity creating a more balanced and layered flavor profile.
- Mayonnaise: acts as the base, providing a rich and creamy foundation for the dressing.
- Sour Cream: possesses a natural tanginess that balances the richness of blue cheese, preventing the dressing from becoming one-dimensionally sharp.
- Blue Cheese: the star of the show! This pungent, crumbly ingredient adds a depth of flavor and complexity that makes your taste buds do a joyful little dance.
- Fresh garlic: boasts a bold, pungent, and slightly sweet flavor that adds a distinct and intense flavor to your dressing. This can be especially appealing if you love strong, nuanced flavors.
- Lemon Juice: cuts through the richness and creaminess of the dressing, preventing it from feeling heavy or cloying.
- Salt and Pepper: unlock the hidden depths of flavor in the other ingredients. They work like culinary alchemists, transforming a simple mixture into a symphony of taste.
Steps To Make Quick And Easy Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- Start by adding the mayonnaise and sour cream to a large bowl.
- Then add the buttermilk and lemon juice.
- Next, mince the garlic and add it to the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Then add the salt, pepper, and half of the blue cheese crumbles.
- Then, use an immersion blender to combine everything together until smooth and creamy.
- Next add the remaining blue cheese crumbles.
- Then use a rubber spatula to stir them into the dressing. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
This versatile dressing is your secret weapon in the kitchen. Drizzle it over salads, dip your wings or veggies in it, or use it as a flavorful sauce for burgers and steaks. It’s quick, easy, budget-friendly, and most importantly, delicious! So ditch the bland and embrace the bold. Grab your ingredients, follow our easy steps, and get ready to experience the magic of homemade blue cheese dressing!
Frequently Asked Questions
Choose the cheese based on your taste preference! Gorgonzola is mild and creamy, Roquefort is sharp and assertive, and Stilton is strong and complex. Start with less and add more for the desired intensity.
Add less buttermilk or use more mayonnaise/sour cream for a thicker dressing. Add more buttermilk, a tablespoon at a time, for a thinner dressing.
Yes! Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. The flavors might meld even better after a few hours.
Use it as a dip for veggies, wings, chips, or even spread it on burgers, sandwiches, or baked potatoes for a flavorful twist.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Temperature matters: Use room-temperature ingredients for smooth blending. Cold cheese can make the dressing lumpy.
- Choose your cheese for desired intensity: Gorgonzola – mild & creamy, Roquefort – sharp & assertive, Stilton – strong & complex. Start small and adjust as needed.
- Store it right: Keep your dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Flavor fusion magic: Let the dressing sit for a few hours, and the flavors will meld beautifully!
Other Great Sauces
I hope you liked this Quick and Easy Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing recipe as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Easy Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- Immersion Blender
- Large Bowl
- rubber spatula
- 1 c Mayonnaise
- ½ c Sour Cream
- ¾ c Buttermilk
- 1 tbs Lemon Juice
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tap Black Pepper
- 8 oz Blue Cheese Crumbles divided
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and half of the blue cheese crumbles to a large bowl.
- Use an immersion blender to combine everything together until smooth and creamy.
- Add the remaining blue cheese crumbles. Stir with a rubber spatula to combine them with the dressing.
- Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Yield 3 ½ cups.